Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Character add on pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up the character add on today. I'm still playing through the basic intro adventures, and haven't started Burnt Offerings yet. At what point can I introduce these extra characters/cards? Some of the monsters seem far too powerful for the basic level characters..

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rutter

North East
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can add the character pack at any point. I added it right away, and I didn't find it to increase the difficulty.

On the flip side, you should only add the adventure packs when you are ready to play them. They do increase the difficulty, as well as the power of boons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Consider the add-on cards to be part of the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Character add on packs
Thanks, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding the character add on pack right away is not only allowed, but suggested. There are unique cards in there that are not in the base set.

And the character add-on pack is not simply a 5-6 player expansion. Its purpose is threefold:

1. To give you enough cards to have 5-6 characters in a group.
2. To give you 4 other characters besides the ones in the base set to play in any group of any size, 1-6.
3. To give you some additional cards that are not in the base set that may be useful to any character, even ones that are in the base set and not the character add-on. Many of the base set characters might like to have that saber-toothed tiger, if they can find and acquire it. Same thing for the Crown of Charisma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.