Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Home game pub rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I never can predict my shedule for playing on vassal, because of the rude international time zones and because of the too rare players there ... I increased the publicity for my live home games here and it worked! Now it's great: I play more home CCN & CCA battles than the too rare Vassal ones!

What about you all?

GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guillaume!
That's a good news, I'm so happy for you and definitely sad for me.
My CCA base game + 5 expansions lies on the shelf since the beginning of 2013...
sauron
I cannot find a live player (my friends prefer different games) and I live too far away from you!!!!

I think the only way to play would be meeting over Vassal (our GMT "gap" looks pretty good).
Do you have preferred "time window" or preferred days during the week?
Please let me know.
Alessandro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel for you, mine collected dust over the last year. I got a gift I couldn't believe this break. I talked my wife into playing a game over the holiday. She gave in, with much reluctance and played one. She loved it! I now have a partner to work through the scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TY for the answers guys!

I hpe you will excuse me to have post this question exactly the same way in the CCN forum. I love both game, play live both (but mostly CCA) and wanted to understand the other guys situation!

My main answer was:

I just harass most of my (male) friends until they crack and try!
They all had fun but let's say:

33% say "I love it!" But never play again because they are not boardgamers.
33% say "I love it!" But are too busy or too far away and never play again.
33% say "I love it!" And really play again (but you still have to call them)

So 33% are commercial victories but remember:

Don't waste your time trying to sell the game to:
- Most of the girls (sadly)
- The people saying "I hate games"
- The people living more than 30' away by car
- The people overbooked by job / familly / main hobby

Be full of care: my guys discovered CCA after CCN and now only wanna play that one! Shorter! Faster! Funnier! More clash! No damn range dead zone! Stronger Leaders! etc. Are their main arguments! I'm sad because I love both and still wanna play CCN.

---> Alessandro: WOW Caesar can't find players? It would be an honnor for me to play with you! But for sure Vassal is not as souple than a call to a friend! Anyway: I'm working mostly on week-ends (from friday to monday) And you can find me on Vassal (GG) and Skype (Guillaume GLEIZE France - Tours) mostly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays evening (when not playing live lol)!

---> Shawn: Your wife is an angel to play with you this kind of macho boy's wargame! Just try to speak wargame to any french girl and they run away so far away from you that you become a monk! So cover your wife with presents, flowers (and boardgames) and allways keep her! Try also my "commercial operation" with your blokes!

Regards,
GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomek
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking desperately for C&C:A players from Bilbao, Spain.
Since I am spending most of my day at work in front of the computer, Vassal is not very appealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.