Subject: Play Hanabi with (a subset of) 3 boxes of playing pokers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- Pick A,2,3,4,5 from those three boxes, amount: 3,2,2,2,1 for each suit.
- For the fifth color, use J,Q,K,Joker jr and Joker sr. You may name this suit "Face".

- Pick 8 cards of any one unused number as hint tokens. Flip it facedown when used.
- Pick 3 cards of another unused number as Fuse(?) tokens.

Ideas? I'll try this next weekend with my family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pla Hanabi with (a subset of) 3 boxes of playing pokers
Yes, that would work perfect! I am a huge proponent of trying out hanabi any way you can!

The one thing that would be hard is making sure people call the face suit by the correct number. That have to remember that is 1,2,3,4,5...If you're not averse to it, I'd strongly suggest marking up the Face suit with a permanent marker as 1,2,3,4,5 so people know the correct number

That said, I suspect you would have it a lot easier if you just use coins and or buttons and other items for the clue tokens.

I use some glass beads that I take on and off of the box when I use them. And three large black ones for the mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A nice idea, but why bother? Isn't one Hanabi box as cheap as three regular card decks or even cheaper?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:
A nice idea, but why bother? Isn't one Hanabi box as cheap as three regular card decks or even cheaper?

Maybe not in China? Is it easily available out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shua Smith
United States
Bartlesville
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the important thing is to, in whatever way, make sure that everyone knows to call everything the same. When a jack is the same as an ace SOMEONE will inevitably forget and not say it and that's something you're not allowed to do. Also, they have to remember that a Jack of hearts is not necessarily a 'heart' or whatever you call the colors since it's important that you can say EITHER a color or number that people have.

It is a great game, (VERY hard with 2 people though you can get a sense of it) and if it is readily available over there it already isn't very expensive. It's one of the cheapest games we own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.