Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Nations» Forums » General

Subject: Egypt B Side rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Synnott
United States
Moreno Valley
California
flag msg tools
How does Egypt acqire Colonies since they have no military. There are two spaces for Colonies on the B side? Went through all the card decks and found only 2 cards that would up their military.
Thanks,
Bob
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place red military cards over blue building cards. It's the only main mechanic where you can place different coloured cards on top of each other.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Buildings and Military cards can cover each other!
You may place a bought Military card over a Building card, and vice versa!
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BSynnott wrote:
How does Egypt acqire Colonies since they have no military. There are two spaces for Colonies on the B side? Went through all the card decks and found only 2 cards that would up their military.
Thanks,
Bob


Egypt B Side does not start with any Military on that side of the board, but you can certainly purchase a Military card and you should do so as soon as there is one available.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You may wish to re-read the rulebook through again before trying the more advanced things such as the B sides. If you overlooked this, you have probably overlooked other rules.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Synnott
United States
Moreno Valley
California
flag msg tools
Page 14 of the rulebook states: Depending on the type of card bought you either PLACE IT ON YOUR PLAYER BOARD ON A SPACE WITH THE SAME BORDER COLOR[bUILDINGS, mILITARY,aDVISORS,cOLONIES,AND wONDERS]Is this not a mis-statement
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BSynnott wrote:
Page 14 of the rulebook states: Depending on the type of card bought you either PLACE IT ON YOUR PLAYER BOARD ON A SPACE WITH THE SAME BORDER COLOR[bUILDINGS, mILITARY,aDVISORS,cOLONIES,AND wONDERS]Is this not a mis-statement


It is a slight simplification for introductory purposes. See page 15, where it is repeated in more detail that military and buildings can replace each other.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RustanR wrote:
BSynnott wrote:
Page 14 of the rulebook states: Depending on the type of card bought you either PLACE IT ON YOUR PLAYER BOARD ON A SPACE WITH THE SAME BORDER COLOR[bUILDINGS, mILITARY,aDVISORS,cOLONIES,AND wONDERS]Is this not a mis-statement


It is a slight simplification for introductory purposes. See page 15, where it is repeated in more detail that military and buildings can replace each other.


Especially, since it is recommended to play with the A-Sides your first game(s) - so this basic explanation is enough to grasp the rules.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.