Denis Arseneau
msg tools
On the the Guardian Thunderstone Bearer Sarrak it says that he

Quote:
ignore heroes of level 2 and lower

but the ignore ability is not define anywhere that I could find.

I believe that ignore means that all characters level 2 or lower become face off for this fight including all equiped weapons and any powers they might have like light for exemple. After the fight, (at the end of the aftermath) they regained their ability (returning face up).

Please correct me if i am mistaken.

Denis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
I don't have my Numenera rules handy, but it should be detailed under Traits. Here is the description from Towers of Ruin:

p.24 wrote:
Immune to [Something]: Monsters may have a trait that makes them immune to something, be it spells, blunt weapons, Physical Attack, or heroes of level 2 with a Strength of 4 or less on a Tuesday. If a monster is immune to something, then all of that thing’s Attack Values (that are not directly applied to other specific heroes) are reduced to zero. Other traits or abilities of that something cannot target or affect this monster. Noninteractive effects and abilities, such as Light or keywords, are not affected by this trait.

Not sure what you meant by "face off", but in your example, Light from lower level heroes would be retained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Falzone
United States
Waterford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I did not take it to mean that any heroes under level 2 are completely ignored, only they do not count as damage against the mob. So for instance if you have a Regular with a Polearm attached, his attack and the pole arm's does not count, but you would still get the regular's ability to pull an extra card. Also their light level would still count I think.

The rules do not specify what exactly to do with that though. I was just searching myself last night in a game. I only have the Numenera cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Arseneau
msg tools
Quote:
Not sure what you meant by "face off", but in your example, Light from lower level heroes would be retained.

I meant turning those cards face down so you see the back of the card to represent the fact that nothing on this card count toward the fight

Denis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Ferdinand
United Kingdom

All Yanks are welcome!
flag msg tools
Cut here
badge
Oi! Not here!
mb
DenisA1 wrote:
I meant turning those cards face down so you see the back of the card to represent the fact that nothing on this card count toward the fight
Denis

Wherever did you get the idea that you should turn the cards face down??
There aren't any about that anywhere, is it? :/

Page 28 in the rule book:
Quote:
Ignore [Something]
The [something] cannot contribute any benefit to the combat directly or indirectly, including Attack Value, traits, abilities, effects or Light. The [something] is still present for purposes of harmful Battle or Aftermath effects.

Regards
Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Arseneau
msg tools

Page 28 in the rule book:
Quote:
Ignore [Something]

The [something] cannot contribute any benefit to the combat directly or indirectly, including Attack Value, traits, abilities, effects or Light. The [something] is still present for purposes of harmful Battle or Aftermath effects.

Thanks! You found the rulebook reference.

This really answer my question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.