United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My thoughts from a dubious player after a couple plays
Agree! I find the same in 2P games of Rococo. However, when I played with 4 once it was a lot more competitive and stressful, but in a good way. I'd be curious for your thoughts after playing 4P.

Another game I find relaxing but competitive is Morels. I'd recommend it if you get the chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you mean with "You com out relaxed, refreshed"... I always get nervous hoping that nobody will snatch that card I'm eye-balling or that dress I'm enamouring or that silk I'm secretly stroking...

And what's that slut doing next to Le Roi?... need to get next to him too to help his majesty to the terrace watching the wonderful Fireworks... DAMN!!! Forgot to reserve a spot! cry

I almost get a heart attack with so much going on!!

Nice read though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Not sure what you mean with "You com out relaxed, refreshed"... I always get nervous hoping that nobody will snatch that card I'm eye-balling or that dress I'm enamouring or that silk I'm secretly stroking...

I agree. My heart sinks when someone grabs the resource with the silks required for the dress I'm waiting/planning to buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
petercox wrote:
On the other hand 60$ isn't too bad either, but for a game that lacks an obvious wow factor (except perhaps, the unusual theme) it's got a lot of competition with more heavily discounted games from OGSs.

I was pleased with the price, with the two-sided player board crafted for the 2/3 and 4/5 player games. Instead of where most games mark off sections of the one main board, which may work fine, the designers took the time to create and produce the two boards. In addition to the fine bits and art, I was satisfied with the price and product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Young
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What a thoughtful and well worded review, Peter. I've seen comments from some folks lampooning the supposed dry and themeless play. But our experience, too, was quite different. It is elegant and smooth in its play. No superfluous or gimmicky mechanics - just a very well-designed game. I'd also like to point out how well managing the cards of your hand (similar to Lewis and Clark) blends with both resource gathering and the aesthetically pleasing area control (that culminates at the end of the game in a virtual fireworks display - cool). It all works so well together. Kudos for a nice review of an under-appreciated game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
francie berger
United States
ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Peter, just read your review and wanted to state that as someone who is VERY conservative about spending money and generally lets my friends buy the games I want to play, I did not hesitate to pay $60 for this game after just one play (and might I add, I purchased IMMEDIATELY after the one play, since I was at a con that had a vendor selling it) and have had so much more than my money's worth of fun out of it since purchasing in March. I cannot recommend this game highly enough; its different every play and there are so many unique strategies to follow that I don't see it ever getting stale. Hoping there will eventually be an expansion with some new employees who could be shuffled in (hint, hint)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, did I miss the review?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EmperorJacob wrote:

Apparently the OP deleted their post.

Sometimes a BGG user gets in a huff and deletes their account and all of their content. It's childish and petty, and I say good riddance.

Note that I don't know for certain that that's the situation here, but it's usually the reason for missing posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sims
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
EmperorJacob wrote:

Apparently the OP deleted their post.

Sometimes a BGG user gets in a huff and deletes their account and all of their content. It's childish and petty, and I say good riddance.

Note that I don't know for certain that that's the situation here, but it's usually the reason for missing posts.

And now he truly is N/A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.