Popular Tags: [View All]
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm looking for a game store in Kansas City, MO, hopefully in the north part of town. I'll be landing at MCI on Saturday and headed north on I-35, and am hoping to pick up a couple of euro board and card games on my way. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the help.
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Wilbur III
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were on the Kansas side I'd recommend 31st Century Games in Olathe, but I'm afraid I don't know much about the Missouri side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Willoughby
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MCI is actually just north of KC proper so if you head north on 35 from the airport you will be in the middle of nowhere until you hit Des Moines IA, sorry.

O_O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the help, every one.
I know I'm way on the north side of the city, and am hoping to find a store as little out of my way as possible. But, an hour detour isn't going to kill me. And I'm pretty much going to nowhere after I leave KC, so it's either get it done somewhere in the metro area or not at all.
And thanks for the mega-store suggestions, but they definitely aren't going to work for my purposes.
Thanks again for the info.
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A place over in Johnson County off of 435. 102nd? and Quivera. Many of the BGG folks from the area go, (or used to anyway), to a gamenight there. Might be about an hour from MCI. You'd have to have a car to get there though.

Name might be Tabletop Games & Hobbies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I third the Tabletop recommendation! He's got a great selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop is my big recommendation as well. Phil Kilgore the owner is a hell of a nice guy and the selection is very good. The store is just off the I-435 loop so you won't have to wander around surface streets to get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TableTop is a great store. It was pretty far out of my way, but well worth it (and I knew what I was getting into before I left the airport).
I picked up three games I suspected my family would enjoy and was out of there 5 minutes after I set foot in the store.
I was impressed by the store and the person behind the counter that I presumed was the owner.
Thanks for all the advice.
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.