Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1. Can the Romulan Pilot be used to move if a ship loses it's action due to a collision with another ship?

Q2. If the Romulan Pilot can be used to move after a collision, would the ship be able to be given an action?

I think the answer to both of these questions is yes, given the phrase "Final Position" in the rulebook. I'd like to know as I finish up my fleet plans for OP4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately not.

You can only take the free movement if you have discarded the Romulan Pilot to gain a Scan Token as a free action.

Since if you collide you can't take actions (even free ones) you can't get the scan token in order to gain the extra movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I see that now. The laying of the scan token triggers the move.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just another quick Q -

I use a red manuever. Can I then use Romulan Pilot to do the green, clear my aux token, get my free scan and then do my normal action?

I feel yes but I was unsure if there's any loop-holes in using Pilot that I wasn't aware of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:
Just another quick Q -

I use a red manuever. Can I then use Romulan Pilot to do the green, clear my aux token, get my free scan and then do my normal action?

I feel yes but I was unsure if there's any loop-holes in using Pilot that I wasn't aware of.

No, because Romulan pilot doesn't trigger off the maneuver, but on placing the scan token as a free action AFTER a maneuver.

Since you cannot take actions with an aux power token, free or not, you can't use Romulan Pilot on that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aye, I just noticed that bit. I had remembered it the wrong way round, performing the green before getting the scan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.