Subject: Looking for playtesters - Vampire Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

Here are the latest rules to my 2 player dice game "vampire dice"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8oyzqauyqsriyd/VAMP%20DICE%20RULE...

Give it a go and let me know what you think! Thanks!

John.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pierce
United States
salinas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I stumbled on '1 dice a turn limit'. you should change that to something like 'you may only buy one die per turn.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotzur-Yang
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend giving your players some sort of graphic helper to keep track of their rolls. Here's a rough one that I did up my Viking-themed dice game. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxpu8d1s2i5gcib/ragnarol-rough-pri... It seems like all players start out with no dice which doesn't really make sense. I'd give them at least one starting die. Any reason it's only 2 players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sakket wrote:
I stumbled on '1 dice a turn limit'. you should change that to something like 'you may only buy one die per turn.'

Thanks! Well put

kotzuryang wrote:
I'd recommend giving your players some sort of graphic helper to keep track of their rolls. Here's a rough one that I did up my Viking-themed dice game. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxpu8d1s2i5gcib/ragnarol-rough-pri... It seems like all players start out with no dice which doesn't really make sense. I'd give them at least one starting die. Any reason it's only 2 players?

Good ideas!
Yeah the only sensible first move is to buy a dice so I guess it would make sense to do it for them. I just didn't want any confusion as to whether player 2s starting dice is in play or not when it comes to blocking.

That graphic helper is a good idea! I've also been coding a quick flash game thing to roll dice for testers but it's gets unnecessarily complex, a helper graphic which they can place dice on is a great idea.

At the moment it's just 2 players so i find it easier to balance, it would probably work with more also

~~~~

Thanks for your responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotzur-Yang
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I recommend checking out Cookie Fu. It's not perfect, but it might give you some ideas to work around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions about the rules regarding blood tokens:

If the pool of 30 tokens (actually 20 tokens after the setup) runs out, the BITE result doesn't give you any blood tokens anymore?
I think so and if I'm right it should be made more explicit in the rules.

There is no limit to the number of blood tokens a player can have (as long as the blood token pool is not empty). Right?

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KivasFajo wrote:
Two questions about the rules regarding blood tokens:

If the pool of 30 tokens (actually 20 tokens after the setup) runs out, the BITE result doesn't give you any blood tokens anymore?
I think so and if I'm right it should be made more explicit in the rules.

There is no limit to the number of blood tokens a player can have (as long as the blood token pool is not empty). Right?

Michael

Hi Michael,
Yes you are correct in both cases!
Thanks for the feedback I'll consider ways of making this clearer in the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 3 games in a row today.
The first one was a sudden death after a couple of turns, but the other two games were different:
After depleting the blood token pool the endgame dragged, because only half of the die faces do anything and if both players manage to roll 2 or 3 BAT results each turn it's nearly impossible to get enough STAKE results to damage the opponent.

Maybe there could be a rule that is in effect as soon as there are no blood tokens in the pool: Each player looses one blood token at the end of his turn.
This would motivate the player with less health to play more aggressive (going for STAKE results) and the opponent can choose to play defensive (going for BAT results).

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KivasFajo wrote:
The first one was a sudden death after a couple of turns, but the other two games were different:
After depleting the blood token pool the endgame dragged, because only half of the die faces do anything and if both players manage to roll 2 or 3 BAT results each turn it's nearly impossible to get enough STAKE results to damage the opponent.

Maybe there could be a rule that is in effect as soon as there are no blood tokens in the pool: Each player looses one blood token at the end of his turn.
This would motivate the player with less health to play more aggressive (going for STAKE results) and the opponent can choose to play defensive (going for BAT results).

Michael

Cool!
I'd noticed the long end game a bit myself, useful to know it's not just me!
I'll experiment with some different solutions for it, the -1 per turn is a good option I was thinking something similar and saying "the sun has come up" and that's why both vampires are slowly getting hurt and must end the fight
Thanks for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcvsmc wrote:
KivasFajo wrote:

Michael

Cool!
I'd noticed the long end game a bit myself, useful to know it's not just me!
I'll experiment with some different solutions for it, the -1 per turn is a good option I was thinking something similar and saying "the sun has come up" and that's why both vampires are slowly getting hurt and must end the fight
Thanks for the feedback!

The additional rule could also be slightly different:
Each player looses one blood token at the end of his turn, unless he damaged the opponent.
Your theme idea (sunrise) for that rule change fits well.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.