Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to the game, but, with the Dark City and Fantastic 4 expansions, I thought I'd try an Advanced Solo game--completely random.

Mr. Sinister decided to open up Portals all over the city, ably assisted by Skrulls and Sentinels.

SHIELD Agents desperately put out a call for help...and three super-heroes responded: Nick Fury, Invisible Woman, and Bishop.

I started playing through the adventure and fast became worried that I was not going to be able to prevail. Mr. Sinister first opened up a portal near himself, increasing his strength to 9. Then he began capturing Bystanders, increasing his strength even more. I figured I was toast, because my team couldn't garner strong enough attacks to challenge him.

Then Invisible Woman came up with a plan. She would lead teams of SHIELD Agents into Sinister's HQ to rescue the Bystanders, thereby weakening him enough for the others to challenge him.

It worked like a charm. Invisible Woman and her team snatched all the Bystanders, and Bishop charged in with a powerful attack that slammed Sinister. The team repeated the tactic several times and saved the city. Very cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
and three super-heroes responded: Nick Fury, Invisible Woman, and Bishop.

This Summer... Samuel L Jackson, Jessica Alba, and Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson face off against James Woods
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
Then Invisible Woman came up with a plan. She would lead teams of SHIELD Agents into Sinister's HQ to rescue the Bystanders, thereby weakening him enough for the others to challenge him.

Not sure if solo rules are different, but kinda sounds like you were rescuing Bystanders captured by Sinister with IW. "Rescue a Bystander" means draw a card from the Bystander deck and put it in your VP pile, not take a Bystander captured by an Enemy and move it to your VP pile.

Unless you're saying IW emptied out of the Bystander deck, which, while possible, not sure you have the time in a solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.