Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wanting to check with other purchasers of this game to see if they had any board blemishes? Mine has glue smears and scratching across half of the board. I contacted Cryptozoic but haven't heard back yet. I was just curious if this was common or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked my new copy and it doesn't have the issues you describe.

However, I can't believe that they used a game board with a well fold (or whatever it's called) where a valley is created at the fold. The stands of the little ships slip in and then they sit unevenly and fall over. Why not use the flush fold type?

As far as replacements go, I submitted a ticket with Crytozoic over a week ago about a ship that arrived broken and have yet to receive a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
citizen wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:
I just checked my new copy and it doesn't have the issues you describe.

However, I can't believe that they used a game board with a well fold (or whatever it's called) where a valley is created at the fold. The stands of the little ships slip in and then they sit unevenly and fall over. Why not use the flush fold type?

As far as replacements go, I submitted a ticket with Crytozoic over a week ago about a ship that arrived broken and have yet to receive a response.

Broken how?
The bases are glued in to the bottom of the ships. It's not one piece. If the base separated from the ship, Crypto could glue it for you or you could dab a spot of glue there to fix 'er right up with no delay.

citizen

One of the stands was broken off up inside the ship. Repair has been attempted. If the bases come out, I'm not sure why weren't just bagged disassembled to prevent the possibility of damage like this. I'm not the only person I know of that had this happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lyerly
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the very same problem. Oddly, it seems to be color specific. Was your yellow ship broken as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diggityjones wrote:
I had the very same problem. Oddly, it seems to be color specific. Was your yellow ship broken as well?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.