Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These both look like quick area control games.

Anyone know what the differences are between these two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Condotierre is not really a majority control game. It is actually more of an auction game, where you lose your bid whether you win or lose (to represent combat). It is also card based.

Cambria is a majority control game, where the dice govern where you can place.

They are not much alike, aside from being short and having combative theme and feel. I think Condotierre is a fabulous game, one of the first euros I bought, and of course, I like Cambria having designed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting! Thanks for the reply!

Looks like there would be room for both games in a collection then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pax domina
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Caveat: I am not familiar with Condotierre.

We have really enjoyed having Cambria in our games arsenal. It's a small and clever game that offers competitive choices for fort control. It also has nice components!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It does look interesting, along with Hibernia by the same designer. Looks a bit tough to find either of them though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look online you can still find them both, although I think the supply is running low. The company that made them is out of business, so when the supply at the various distributors runs out, then its gone.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Keep an eye out for my new game Zeppelin Attack, Kickstarter launching very soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.