Subject: Player Color Stands for Lords rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Lee
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of a nitpicky question, but would it be too much trouble to upgrade the lord stands to match the controlling players' colors? Right now they're just a translucent white. I suppose if the lord is accompanied by troops you can quickly tell who owns them, but is there ever an instance where they are off by themselves, requiring forgetful players to ask "whose lord is this?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt, I can look into this. But the new stretchgoals that we are posting today include the Family Board which each player is given. It is a great way to track each royal family's lineage and titles.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean
France
Aveyron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think color stands would be great!
And maybe the number of characters could be 24 instead of 18 to have 4 characters per players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
But allowing everyone 4 family members takes tension out of the game. Because now, not everyone can maximize their family quota. Another reason to go after another player, if they have too large a family! Or easier yet, marry into a big opponent family and make them your ally.

I am still looking into the colored stands, but am afraid that constantly replacing stands could fray and ruin the family member's token. Any thoughts on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean
France
Aveyron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. You may be right concerning the number of characters.

But for the colored stands, A character will not change often his family in a single game. So I don't think it would ruin the tokens more than it does on other games.

But you would need more stands and it could enhance the cost of the box for you, and I suppose it's already high with all the stretch goals.

So I understand if you don't do it, but it would be cool to have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree this would be quite useful and a nice bonus to have. I'd even pay a couple bucks ($2 yes, $5 uh maybe, $10 way too much) to add it as an upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anarkojean wrote:

But for the colored stands, A character will not change often his family in a single game. So I don't think it would ruin the tokens more than it does on other games.

I think he referres more to the changes inbetween games not during a game.
You can get coloured stands from www.spielmaterial.de for 0.10 € each, they are available in six colors (red, green, yellow, blue, black, white)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CJWF wrote:
You can get coloured stands from www.spielmaterial.de for 0.10 € each, they are available in six colors (red, green, yellow, blue, black, white)

I did not find anything suitable for Fief. Any details ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under "Game Pieces" you find "plastic bases variable coloured"
http://www.spielematerial.de/en/game-components/game-pieces/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean
France
Aveyron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.