Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pour Away,Mein Host
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've searched through the forums for something on this and didn't find anything, so I apologize in advance if this has been asked already.

I received this game for Christmas and have just gotten around to setting it up and going through the rules/playbook.
During Card 2 of the Jihadist second Action Phase, they play the Sharia card. The example on Page 5 of the Playbook states "The Jihadists happen to be holding a dangerous US-associated Event: Sharia. Not wanting the event to trigger, the Jihadist player plays Sharia and declares his intention to use it as a Plot".

I understand the concept of "burying" a US-event by using it as your first plot, but in this case I don't see how the event would've triggered anyway. The Sharia event is: "Remove a Besieged Regime marker", but at this point in the playthrough there are no Besieged Regime markers on the board. So, the statement in the playbook "not wanting the event to trigger" doesn't make sense to me. Or am I missing something (which is quite possible probable?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game in front of me, but during setup a Besieged Regime marker is placed in Somalia. Is that marker still present at the time the Jihadist player plays Sharia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
the pete wrote:
I don't have the game in front of me, but during setup a Besieged Regime marker is placed in Somalia. Is that marker still present at the time the Jihadist player plays Sharia?

That is the case in the setup for the Let's roll scenario, but it is not included in the setup for the tutorial.

edit: I was wrong. Mea culpa, mea culpa..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 5th paragraph on page 2 of the playbook mentions placing a besieged regime marker in Somalia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pour Away,Mein Host
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
The 5th paragraph on page 2 of the playbook mentions placing a besieged regime marker in Somalia.

Yep, it absolutely does. I knew I had to be missing something. Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.