Cards Against Humanity» Forums » Variants

Subject: Card Writing Strategy - verb tenses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Katherine Fernandez
United States
California
flag msg tools
I like to write my own cards and throw them in with the other cards.

Has anyone found that certain verb tenses work better for questions and others for answers?

thanksgoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Poland
msg tools
mb
I like black cards which can be interpreted in more than one way, so for some of my black cards I try and use words that allow more than one type of answer, like 'was' (eg. In a recent poll, fans voted that the worst NFL mascot was ____ ) because it allows for answers like 'a big black dick' or 'a mopey zoo lion', but you can also use something that begins with a verb, like 'peeing a little bit'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katherine Fernandez
United States
California
flag msg tools
thanks. sometimes i have to print them out and play them with friends just to see if they work or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My piece of advice for writing black cards is that Pick 2s work very well. Giving the player control over two parts of the joke lets them set up interesting contrasts and parallels, and really rewards being able to tie together two cards well. They tend to create much more subtle-yet-still-terrible humor than the single-pick cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.