Al Wilson
United States
Oceanside
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally gave in and ordered everything PACG related. Can't wait!

I think I will be playing this solo (a lot), maybe once a week with my son, and maybe once every two weeks with a friend, and maybe (if I'm lucky) once a month with my wife. Is it easy to have multiple adventures going at the same time? Either with the same or different heroes? I'm assuming I'm not the only one playing in this fashion, so I'd be interested in hearing how other people manage multiple-personalities with the game.

Al
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Go to the Paizo web site and download the community pack character sheets: they have a list of boons so that you can save your character's inventory between sessions. That's what I've done between our two groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Wilson
United States
Oceanside
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
Go to the Paizo web site and download the community pack character sheets: they have a list of boons so that you can save your character's inventory between sessions. That's what I've done between our two groups.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought some clear plastic sleeves for the character cards, and checked off the rewards from each scenario in black permanent marker on them. It makes it easy to keep track of each person's character as you can just switch out the sleeves for each group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded for the character sheets you can download either from Paizo or here, several of them have either checklists or space for writing down the cards if you want to have different decks for the same character between groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
We're at the point now where one group has hit Hook Mountain and started banishing cards. There's no master list where we can mark a card as "banished from the box", but we're going to need to come up with a solution when the B group picks up again later this month...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While there's no reason not to use the character sheets if you want to, it's also entirely possible to run two different 3-character parties (or one 4-character party and one 2-character party) if you have the character add-on deck. You just need to use different characters for each party. It slightly increases the challenge, as there are some powerful boons (including the loot cards) that only have a single copy, so if one party has them, the other party can't. But for the most part, you might find it preferable to pulling cards in and out of the decks every time you switch adventuring parties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
We're at the point now where one group has hit Hook Mountain and started banishing cards. There's no master list where we can mark a card as "banished from the box", but we're going to need to come up with a solution when the B group picks up again later this month...

This is something I hadn't thought of, and would be a concern no matter how you managed the characters themselves. The best way around it that I can think of is to get both parties up to Hook Mountain at the same time and just leave the banished cards out of both games. You could maybe set aside all the "permanently removed" cards and, at the end of the scenario, only permanently remove half of them, which would keep the pace as it should be. I can't think of any solution for if one party is still at an earlier adventure, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
jsciv wrote:

This is something I hadn't thought of, and would be a concern no matter how you managed the characters themselves. The best way around it that I can think of is to get both parties up to Hook Mountain at the same time and just leave the banished cards out of both games. You could maybe set aside all the "permanently removed" cards and, at the end of the scenario, only permanently remove half of them, which would keep the pace as it should be. I can't think of any solution for if one party is still at an earlier adventure, though.

The game is too easy as it is, our group has just decided to remove them for everyone involved, even though in our one campaign people are at different places (some not into box 3 yet). At this point, nobody wants a mace or magical bracers. Nor do we want to fight the giant gecko.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkmoon269 made some "banishment sheets" that I think he included in his "accessories" files available on BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98267/game-accessories
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Calthaer wrote:
Hawkmoon269 made some "banishment sheets" that I think he included in his "accessories" files available on BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98267/game-accessories

Oooo! Exactly what I was looking for!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
jsciv wrote:

If you sleeve your cards, you can slip a tiny bit of colored paper in the sleeve for every card that's removed from the game. Use a different color for each "campaign thread" and then you know at a glance which cards you need to remove before each session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
jsciv wrote:

If you sleeve your cards, you can slip a tiny bit of colored paper in the sleeve for every card that's removed from the game. Use a different color for each "campaign thread" and then you know at a glance which cards you need to remove before each session.

Yeah, I've seen that tip mentioned before. We do not and will not sleeve the cards for this game, so that's not applicable to us. But that card list... that's a total winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:
jsciv wrote:
[...]
[...]

The game is too easy as it is, our group has just decided to remove them for everyone involved, even though in our one campaign people are at different places (some not into box 3 yet). At this point, nobody wants a mace or magical bracers. Nor do we want to fight the giant gecko.
If you're playing a single campaign with a variable party, you're actually doing it right as per the RAW, except that as a variable party, regardless of the makeup, the party still has access to the same scenarios.

Just not every character will have earned the same rewards until they've gone through and won previous scenarios that they didn't play in yet.

Since it's a single campaign with a variable party, any cards removed from the game are removed for everyone.

It just starts getting difficult when you do multiple campaigns with separate parties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.