Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this solo with 2 roles, and 4 roles. I've also played it with one other person, and with just 2 roles and 4 (two per person).

To me it's more interesting when there are more than two roles since they can interact and give you more options in the game.

Am I the only crazy one that does this or likes it better?

Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've asked around and... yes, you are the only person who does this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I played it solo with 2 roles to get the rules straight for my game group. During that test play it felt like 2 characters where pretty limited. Then again, there is this strong combo of navigator + climber, so I'd say it depends which two characters you use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lili Hornyai
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played with my girlfriend so we both had two characters (we died horribly, by the way... ).
We even played Pandemic like that once (we won that one at least). I thought it's common when you want to try how a game would play out with four players but there's no one around to do it with... Obviously, it is not the same cause you don't get other people's input, but you draw storm/disease cards more often, so raises the stakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you are drawing cards after each characters move. it makes not much of a difference to sun burns and storm cards wether you are playing with two or four characters. Sure, you are drawing 4 times a round instead of two times but you also have 4 characters helping to solve the game instead of two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Mihalisin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I've played this game solo many times -- with anywhere from two to six roles. I enjoy this format very much and it seems to work fine.

I, too, have played a two player game with four roles, total. I agree with you that this is more interesting than playing a two character game. When I did this, the two of us pretty much would come to consensus about what each character was going to do. We didn't even identify which of us was what character.

So, if you are a "crazy one", I guess I am too.
:^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.