Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crafthulhu LLC returns to Kickstarter with an exciting new campaign for all Arkham Horror & Eldritch Horror players.

It's great to back with all of you on Kickstarter! When the creator of Arkham Horror and Elder Sign (and consultant for Eldritch Horror), Richard Launius, e-mailed me about how much he finds our pieces an attractive and thematically relevant addition to the game, I certainly listened. Several dozen Arkhamites on various gaming fora also contacted me since we concluded the last KS Project. Finally, I gave all of it serious consideration after a number of Backers reached out to me following their recent Cthulhu-esque purchases and/or gifts during the holidays.

"Joe, the stuff looks great...really cool! Next time I get my royalty check I will order some of the stuff."

Richard Launius, creator of Arkham Horror

Just as we had conducted the last Kickstarter Project, we need the funding to turn our Masterpieces into molds and eventual castings for all of you. I can't wait to see all of the beautiful pictures capturing our pieces gracing more gaming tables across the country and around the world!

Please check us out as we launch on January 15th at noon!

Here's the site: http://kck.st/KTJA9w

Just like our other KS Projects, we certainly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Joe Pilkus
President
Crafthulhu LLC

www.crafthulhu.squarespace.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Beveridge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't wait to see it Joe!

Take us deeper into the madness...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, James!

People have asked...so here it is...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1734621563/57692394?toke...

If it cuts off: the last portion should be /57692394?token=267fc66b

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Excessive Force
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the Kickstarter campaign last year so I'm glad to see it return.

I have a few comments to the draft though:

1. The top two pledge types says you get one or more Player's Plates. A plate is also shown among the photographs as an optional item to buy. What is the purpose of the 2nd stretch goal then? That's not clear to me at least from the current draft.

2. The currently displayed Player's Plate, is that sized for Eldritch Horror or Arkham Horror character sheets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Gamer,

God aften! (I've thus exhausted my limited Danish) Great to see someone from the country of Denmark! Thanks for taking time to visit the site and asking a few questions. I'll answer each one, in-turn.

1. Several tiers above the highest levels may want to simply purchase Player's Plates (one or more) for Arkham Horror, given the size of the Investigator card and functionality of our initial Player's Plate. The 2nd Stretch Goal is intended to design and create an EH-inspired Player's Plate for its functionality.

2. As mentioned in #1., it's definitely designed for Arkham Horror Investigators.

Tak! Thanks again for posting!

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Excessive Force
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it is evening here in Denmark, I better reply with a: Good day to you too, sir! I assume that fits better with the US time zones.

Was there a Player's Plate in the first Kickstarter project? I've apparently missed that. I thought it was something being created for this project, hence my wish for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good day to you, sir! It does fit splendidly.

Yes, the first Kickstarter Project had one only after we our Backers had attained the $12,000 Stretch Goal. Quite a few of the Backers picked-up Player's Plates as part of their pledges and we've made nearly 100 since the last KS ended. I appreciate the question as others may not be aware of the original Player's Plate.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just added the video to our KS site...every project needs a video and this one captures everything one should have in their production:

- What's it about?
- How will we use the funding?
- Display an example of the pieces

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 days until launch...with a special gift for previous Backers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Green light from the Kickstarter folks...14 hours until launch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Launched!" Come one, come all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Former Cultists Return as Backers for Cthulhu's Eldritch Horror!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glimpse of the Future...painted pieces on offer for select Cultists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One week down and one-third gained toward the Goal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cthulhu's Eldritch Knowledge ~ No Feedback Required!
Best e-mail of the week from the co-designer:

Looks great. I will be backing it soon.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign at 31% thru the duration

...and 90% funded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded 115% and growing!

Update 1: Members of the Twilight Lodge

The Privileged Few

Small white candles flickered in the metal sconces upon each of the eight highly polished walls. These Members of the Lodge who had received an envelope containing an elegant, hand-written invitation to the event, met in the basement of Arkham's most venerable private residence. Now, having entered the chamber and taking their place by each of the chairs, they waited, with their cowls pulled low over their eyes, for the Master of the Lodge to enter...a man who wields great power within the Order.

Rank Has Its Privileges

The first 5 Backers at the Cultist Patriarch Level shall have (9) Neighborhood or Encounter Displays painted by the Artist Staff.

The first 5 Backers at the Cultist Arch-Patriarch Level shall have (9) Neighborhood or Encounter Displays and any one other piece (Backer's Choice) painted by the Artist Staff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com
The Professor wrote:
Funded 115% and growing!

... from 6 backers? For your sake, I hope no one cancels his pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The two one dollar backers are fair game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim/Rocco,

Point very much taken...but, with the latest Update, I had one Backer increase their pledge from $200, to well over $1,000. Based only upon my last successful Kickstarter (KS) Project, 50% of $1 Backers return to increase their pledge toward the latter part of the Project's duration. Those who pledge $1, ensure that they receive regular Updates and stands as a place-holder for future pledges.

The kiln is still fired up, as my vendor managed to cast a few more pieces over the last few weeks. I'm excited about the prospect of Richard Launius picking-up a few more pieces and having some KS synergies with other Project Owners, like Tom Wilfong and Dan Kriss.

As you're both Game Designers, I would be curious to hear your feedback on our store's website and the KS Project.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Privetera
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, just poking fun. I'm glad to see the KS funded! Sometimes I'm a little unnerved by a KS with big pledges that funds off a few big pledges, to me that seems scary, but that's me. I know a few KS that go that route and they work so hey! Good job.

As far as my opinions: This isn't the kind of product I'm really into - this kind of high end hobby add on stuff. A $200 card holder (that looks really great, no doubt) is not something I can afford any time in the near future, so I don't have a lot to say. The KS page itself looks perfectly fine, clear and laid out.

The web page http://www.crafthulhu.squarespace.com store - that's the 'store', right? - is a little less useful in my opinion. It's sort of sparse and some of the links don't seem to do anything. I'd suggest you get a second pair of eyes on the store before the KS finishes - it would be a shame to lose a sale due to the website being confusing.

But overall, good job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocco,

Poking fun is good and healthy laugh

We're glad, as well. A number of people missed the last KS and several ended-up paying more for the pieces, plus shipping. This has always been more of a labor of love than a business. For the Artist, it's been a great way to get world-wide recognition and for me, it was a great way to have the pieces professionally crafted.

Your observation is not lost on me. During the last campaign, of nearly 40 Backers, a total of four dropped out. One at $20, two at $1, and one at $500 and that was because he had lost a contract and would be looking for work. He's a great guy and we still remain in touch.

Thanks for the feedback, even if they're not your type of item. I'm always appreciative of a second (or twenty-sixth) pair of eyes. I'm always surprised by some of the folks on bgg, whom you ask for feedback and hear crickets are often the first one to criticize a style of play or a rule interpretation when you haven't asked for feedback...the irony is awesome.

That's great advice on the store...we had to halt our work on that side over the holidays due to a myriad of other, non-Crafthulhu reasons, but we're back. That will be a project for the upcoming weekends.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have two (2) Cultist Arch Patriarchs and one (1) Cultist Patriarch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
133% of Goal!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update 2: For Members of the Lodge

The Old One Finds Favor On The Chosen

As the moon reaches its zenith in the New England sky, the Master of Arkham's Silver Twilight Lodge reviews the offerings by its members. Those selected from among the town's elite to join the lodge possess the financial means to ensure its...survival. Reflecting on the benefits conferred by Lodge Membership, the Master smiles and pens a short note. After reading it over several times, he copies the words onto small cards and slips them into the prepared envelopes on his desk. In the morning, each Member will find this missive on their person, in their office, or at their home. Sitting back in his high-backed leather chair, he turned and faced the fire blazing away on the other side of the room. "They shall come" he utters to the empty room.

First Stretch Goal Reduced

As the Members have met the goal in one third of the project's duration, we'll reward everyone by reducing the first Stretch Goal by $500! Once the funding reaches $4,500, the Lodge's Master shall "Conjure the Artist" to do his bidding...and the work shall begin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.