Subject: blessed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Laeveren
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can somebody inform me on the effects of the talent blessed, and more specific on the healing aspect.

If the redeemer uses a line of action in the initiative phase, and that turn, he uses the talent blessed, and he becomes wounded, does it mean that the wound hasn't any effect? Can this effect be applied only once, in combination with the blessing token?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me but I believe the Blessed talent goes as follows:

Initiative Phase:
Roll die
Assign die
Use Blessed on a Condemned Warrior (you can't use it on The Redeemer himself)
Give that Warrior the Blessed token
If the Warriors selected Action Line is wounded, heal it.

That's it. The Redeemer can still be wounded during his turn and the Warrior it was used on can still be wounded.

The Blessed token is removed at the end of the Human player's turn.

Basically you want to use it when you have been forced to exhaust someone or you want to heal a particular Action Line for someone (e.g. a MOV 2 line for a Blade)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Laeveren
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for your answer Neil.

Still have a question: it's up to the human player to decide which line is cancelled when wounded. So the human player can decide that the line he was using is cancelled, so it can be healed immediately. So to suffer one wound, the demon player needs to cause 2 wounds, because one wound (the used line of action) is immediately healed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The healing only takes place once when Blessed is used at the start of the turn. The warrior can still be wounded, even if you chose to cancel a line that was previously healed. Let me give you an example.

It's late on in the scenario and you only have two warriors left. These are The Redeemer and a Blade For Hire. They look like this (x means Action Line is cancelled):

The Redeemer:
1. o
2. o
3. x
4. x
5. o
6. o

Blade for Hire:
1. o
2. o
3. o
4. x
5. o
6. x

For your Initiative Phase, you roll 2 die with the following results:

So you now have no choice but to give both a 6. Unfortunately, that means the Blade for Hire is exhausted and has the exhausted stats, so you decided to use Blessed. You give the Blade for Hire the Blessed token, and heal the in use Action Line if it is Wounded. In this case the Action Line is Wounded. The Blade for Hire now looks like this:

Blade for Hire:
1. o
2. o
3. o
4. x
5. o
6. o

His stats are taken from the 6th Action Line and amended due to the Blessed token. Your Action Phase then continues as normal. Any damage you take from now on is taken as a Wound. No more healing takes place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ie..the healing takes place once on the humans turn. The effects of the healing do not carry over to the demons turn. You must have a die in an exhausted condemned warriors line in order to get the healing effect of blessed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Laeveren
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx, now it's completely clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.