Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Supreme HYDRA Quesion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Randles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've had this game for a couple of months now (and absolutely love it by the way!!!) and I have a quick question about Supreme HYDRA.

Is he worth 3 vicories points plus another 3 victories points for each HYDRA Villian in your Victory Pile?

OR is he just worth three victory points for each HYDRA Villian in your victory pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He is worth three by himself. And then an additional three for each Hydra villain you have in your pile. He can be worth more than most Masterminds if you do it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Randles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the speedy response.

My confusion was mostly caused by Ultron. He has a 2+ on his vicotry points (on the right-hand side of the card) meaning he's worth 2 victory points plus 1 for each tech hero.

Supreme HYDRA on the other hand has a 3*. I wasn't sure if this was a misprint and should've been a plus like Ultron or a 3* as in 3 x the number of HYDRA Villians period.

Thanks for clearing that up for me though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Kamp
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though this is an old post i thought i'd give it a go. I acquired Legendary just yesterday. At our first playthrough we encountered this exact question. I had Supreme Hydra and 2 other Hydra cards in my victory pile, begging the question is that a total of 6 or 9 points. The 3 points more did not make a difference for the outcome so we decided to ingore it.

But! As it is explained by Luke Randles the confusion comes from the Ultron card having a similar point mechanic, but it uses a + instead of *.

Ultron: 2+ "Ultron is worth +1 for each tech hero you have among all your cards at the end of the game.
Supreme Hydra: 3* "Supreme Hydra is worth +3 for each other Hydra villain in your victory pile"

Jacob Stick gave a pretty clear answer, and I'm inclined to believe him because of his plethora of Legendary badges etc. But I've not been able to find any official statements about this, whether it's a typo or something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if Supreme Hydra were worth 0 + 3 for each other Hydra Villain, it would have have said 0* or 0+. There aren't any other cards in the game that say "X*" or X+" where the X isn't the base value that you start with.

However, I do see the confusion between the + and the *. But I'm sure the difference was not intentional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
What exactly is "all your cards"? Is this my hand, played, deck and discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnraggio wrote:

If you're talking about Ultron, it's all the cards in your deck at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
randomlife wrote:
johnraggio wrote:

If you're talking about Ultron, it's all the cards in your deck at the end of the game.

Yes, Ultron. So, all my cards in deck, hand, table? All?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
johnraggio wrote:
randomlife wrote:
johnraggio wrote:

Yes, Ultron. So, all my cards in deck, hand, table? All?

Yes. All cards you as a player own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.