Subject: Walking through your dogs area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using Wanda (or any other survivor with two plus moves zone skills) does your dog join up with you?

Imagine Wanda in zone A, dog in zone B, Wanda moves to zone C through some B. Zone A is adjacent to B, which is adjacent to C. Does the dog follow Wanda or does she have to stop in B? I.e. does it cost one or two moves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think yes, the Dog would join Wanda.

It's not like Wanda has the ability to teleport.

But, feel free to add the question to my (not so) big Companion Dogs Questions for Guillotine Games thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think yes as well, given that she needs to stop if there would be a zombie it implies a situational check
thus likewise she would pick up the dog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Yes, think so. Dog moves freely with survivor. And dog has even three zone move. So why should he fall back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the dog would join Wanda. Though, to play Devil's advocate, the reason I could see for not allowing it is that the dog was not in Wanda's square when she used the move action. So the dog does not get the benefit of moving freely with Wanda as he wasn't there for the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranerdar wrote:
I agree that the dog would join Wanda. Though, to play Devil's advocate, the reason I could see for not allowing it is that the dog was not in Wanda's square when she used the move action. So the dog does not get the benefit of moving freely with Wanda as he wasn't there for the order.

I thought that too! When it's in your zone it counts as equipment so would move with you, but when it starts in a different zone there's an argument that it wouldn't. But it doesn't make sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm saying No.
This is listed under the Dog's traits.
"5- Can Move freely with its Handler as long as they’re both in the Same Zone. In that case, all special rules and Move-related Skills of the Handler (like the 2 Zones per Move Skill) also apply to his Dog Companion."
This is listed under actions the handler can give to the dog.
"The dog can freely give the Equipment card it holds to its Handler anytime they are in the same Zone."

If the two are together they can move as one, as that is a dog's trait. If the dog is out by itself, it moves by actions given to it, as it doesn't have move actions. If Wanda is moving, she is using her action to move, commanding herself, not the two of them. She can stop, then use another action to move the both of them. If yes to she can pick him up along the way, then you'd have to say yes to he can give her the equipment card as she moves through, even if he stays behind. And doesn't that sound really wrong? She is on roller skates and isn't stopping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
If yes to she can pick him up along the way, then you'd have to say yes to he can give her the equipment card as she moves through, even if he stays behind. And doesn't that sound really wrong? She is on roller skates and isn't stopping!

Not really. You don't necessarily have to stop to grab something, and even if you do, you can still theoretically move-stop-move across two spaces on roller skates in the same amount of time it takes to walk one space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
If yes to she can pick him up along the way, then you'd have to say yes to he can give her the equipment card as she moves through, even if he stays behind.

Why?

They're two entirely separate and unrelated types of action, something that applies to one need not apply to the other.

Anyway, I think this discussion goes to show that this question really does need putting to Guillotine Games.

If no-one else does, I'll add it to the (not so) big Questions thread in the next day or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i agree they couldnt pass equipment during wanda's movement, but dogs instinctively follow their masters even without being given a specific command, at most a small nod or sign is sufficient to have it move along and should be fine during the move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have added the question to my (not so) big Companion Dogs Questions for Guillotine Games thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.