Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Runebound: Mists of Zanaga» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Mist of Zanaga #9 : (Discussion) Worst Possible Character Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Players:
* 4

Pace:
* Normal

Player cards:
* All. Draw 4, Next player in game order chooses your character.
To speed things up, I will probably just draw 4 for everyone when I create the game, and present each player's choices in the discussion thread

Levelling
* Frozen Wastes style faster leveling, to get us into the nasty omen effects as quickly as possible.

Important House Rules
* An omen effect can only trigger once per turn
* Character nerfing house rules will be ignored for this game. If you pick Trenloe for someone else in this game, you deserve to get pummelled...

Market Decks:
* Everything

Main Variant:
* Mists of Zanaga

Pertinent Links/Information:
* Basic House Rules will be in effect.
* Script commands can be found here.
* Runebound rules can be found here.
* Mists rules can be found here
* Game thread is here.

Players
1 - brunoreturns
2 - dicegods
3 - mil05006
4 - mishenka
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gnech
United States
Harrisburg
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mist of Zanaga #9 : Worst Possible Character Edition
I'm a sucker. Count me in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mist of Zanaga #9 : Worst Possible Character Edition
Haha- me too! Esp. since our sands game is totally winding down
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mist of Zanaga #9 : Worst Possible Character Edition
Ok, I'll bite. Sign me up as well.

What do you mean by "Frozen Wasts faster leveling"?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mist of Zanaga #9 : Worst Possible Character Edition
Mishenka wrote:
Ok, I'll bite. Sign me up as well.

What do you mean by "Frozen Wasts faster leveling"?


First level is 1 exp, 2nd level is 2 exp, etc. etc. etc etc
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mist of Zanaga #9 : Worst Possible Character Edition
Oh, the optional rule from FW. Got it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mist of Zanaga #9 : Worst Possible Character Edition
Yep. We're all full! Let's do it! And if I get stuck with the stupid guy who can't buy any items that cost 4 or more I will scream. That will be my third time in these worst character games!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Thread http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1101964

Player draws coming up. I will post them here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I choose for Mishenka from:

578: Jaena of Sharuun
569: Vyrah the Falconer
541: Brother Gherrin
550: Nara the Fang

Erik chooses for me from:

169: Red Scorpion
174: Mordrog
548: Tobin Farslayer
546: Hugo the Glorious

Hmmm... Only one of these I haven't won a game with...

DiceGods picks for Erik from:

560: Shiver
582: Eliam the Dervish
568: Landrec the Wise
177: One Fist

Mike picks for DiceGods from:

564: Ispher
179: Spiritspeaker Mok
559: Laughin Buldar
579: Tahlia the Thief

Really, none of the really bad characters got drawn...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike will play with Jaena. I've never seen this character before. Nice special ability for many games, and good health, but only 1 damage in all phases, and the other characters are all pretty good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno- you're getting the red scorpion for the same reason. 1 damage in all phases reallly sucks if you can't get a solid weapon later!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I pick Tahlia for DiceGods.
None of the choices are that bad, but she may be the weakest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mil05006 wrote:
Bruno- you're getting the red scorpion for the same reason. 1 damage in all phases reallly sucks if you can't get a solid weapon later!


I thought you might. After totally kicking ass with her in the Kyros game, I kind of like Red...
Modrog is the one I haven't won with. Remember that game Erik? That was my first PBF...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brunoreturns wrote:
mil05006 wrote:
Bruno- you're getting the red scorpion for the same reason. 1 damage in all phases reallly sucks if you can't get a solid weapon later!


I thought you might. After totally kicking ass with her in the Kyros game, I kind of like Red...
Modrog is the one I haven't won with. Remember that game Erik? That was my first PBF...


You mean the game where I leveled up 3 times the ENTIRE GAME? and you 4? The one where I had to roll a one every single combat or skill test? Yes... I remember that game. And how mishu just ran around and won with absolutely no competition from us. Yes. I hate that game. Still.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gnech
United States
Harrisburg
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all of Erik's are pretty nice. You seem to like the 3 hp characters though, so I'll give you Landrec.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiceGods wrote:
I think all of Erik's are pretty nice. You seem to like the 3 hp characters though, so I'll give you Landrec.


I knew I was getting him. Between 3 health and a 0 bonus in melee... I was doomed!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible gods are now:

Sun: Monkey == everybody loses (probably)

Skull: Snake == gets continually tougher and causes ritual storms like you wouldn't believe

Moon: Harpy == everyone takes a wound every time a ritual is completed

Personally, I would like to see the Harpy rather than the other two. We definitely don't want suns.

You may want to start using your shaman bones to get different ritual tokens on your monster draws.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brunoreturns wrote:
Possible gods are now:

Sun: Monkey == everybody loses (probably)

Skull: Snake == gets continually tougher and causes ritual storms like you wouldn't believe

Moon: Harpy == everyone takes a wound every time a ritual is completed

Personally, I would like to see the Harpy rather than the other two. We definitely don't want suns.

You may want to start using your shaman bones to get different ritual tokens on your monster draws.


Planning eh? Haha... bring it on! I've killed the monkey before. You just need to make sure you auto hit every phase.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The monkey is killable... IF you can get to him before 8 rituals complete...

Set, though... Can you imagine having to fight for 48 rounds when you only do 1 dam per round...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brunoreturns wrote:
The monkey is killable... IF you can get to him before 8 rituals complete...

Set, though... Can you imagine having to fight for 48 rounds when you only do 1 dam per round...


And this is where the auto hit comes in! We had this happen in our game against him... I auto hit every round but one where I had to roll a 3 or higher...

It took forever.

Imagine all the script rolls!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiceGods-

You don't get to market in the last city when you move it to your space.

That is a rule from SaK that doesn't apply here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
DiceGods,
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can do a Market phase after doing a challenge.


If you end your movement on a town square, you get to do a market step (by a strict reading of the rules).

In this game, since the Lost City is almost always on top of a gem, if you end your movement on the Lost City, then take an adventure step because there is a gem there, you can market afterwards.

In this case, he did not end his movement on a town space, so he does not get a market step.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brunoreturns wrote:
Mishenka wrote:
DiceGods,
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can do a Market phase after doing a challenge.


If you end your movement on a town square, you get to do a market step (by a strict reading of the rules).

In this game, since the Lost City is almost always on top of a gem, if you end your movement on the Lost City, then take an adventure step because there is a gem there, you can market afterwards.

In this case, he did not end his movement on a town space, so he does not get a market step.


Yes indeed- also, we're drawing blues from the ritual deck now too thanks dicegods! whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Allright, TIMING question time:

I finished the skull ritual, which forces all of us to make a roaming monster check.

That means that dicegods, bruno, and I all have an enemy to fight.

We also have to do the whole ally thing because of set.

What order does this occur in?

I fought my guy and realized huh.... wait a minute.

So- do we all fight our enemies, put out the tokens, then do the whole ally thing, or does the ally thing happen BEFORE we make our tests?

Finally, I'm going to be gone for a few hours- when I get back I'll fix it either way.

If it's do set first, I'll just remember to guy was on the track and we'll go from there
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Omen effects are always resolved after any effects on the ritual card are fully resolved.


So, in turn order, we all need to make a roaming monster check.

Then, the omen effect goes into play (and several other ritual effects likely)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.