5 Posts

Expedition: Famous Explorers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dead End? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Staden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
What happens if you place arrows in such a way that the expedition gets 'stuck' before that colours arrows are used up?

i.e: There is only one route in, and the several the other side have all been visited by that colour.

We've just played a (2 player) game and I caused it to happed as I needed to reach the East Siberian Sea. We decided that that expedition (blue) was at an end and continued with red. Yellow had run out of arrows and was already over.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Wishmaster wrote:
What happens if you place arrows in such a way that the expedition gets 'stuck' before that colours arrows are used up?

i.e: There is only one route in, and the several the other side have all been visited by that colour.

We've just played a (2 player) game and I caused it to happed as I needed to reach the East Siberian Sea. We decided that that expedition (blue) was at an end and continued with red. Yellow had run out of arrows and was already over.

Any thoughts?

can't you remove arrows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Lord_Wishmaster wrote:

A color may go to the same destination multiple times. You just can't lay an arrow parallel to another arrow of the same color.

It would be an interesting puzzle to create a situation where you can't exit destination X because the expedition had already traveled between X and every adjacent destination. But then you would be creating a loop by playing back into X so it would not be a dead end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are no legal moves available the Expedition ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Staden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Jason! That's pretty much the answer we used so all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.