Subject: Breaking Atmo is out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email from my LGS that he has it. Hope to pick it up this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clasing
msg tools
mb
I played a game this week, putting the new cards in the appropriate decks.

We found them a very nice addition, with the most notable change (for the better) being the variable payoff depending on skills.

On the whole, it's a minor addition, but we enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed the postman today so should hopefully be picking mine up tomorrow from PO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came a couple of days ago. Ordered it from Lebury Games via Amazon as none of my LGS friendly or otherwise whistle have received any stock.

It was a bit of a pig to open without damaging the box. It needs something flat to work the tucked front flap from under the side flips. If you ain't bothered about the box, rip away as the cards are shrink wrapped inside the box and shouldn't be damaged.

The images I've seen make the box look bigger than it is, about the size of a book but it is actually quite small, about 2/3 of a 1995 Star Was CCG starter deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The images I've seen make the box look bigger than it is

I thought the same thing! But considering that it's only 50 cards, a regular sized playing card box makes sense. It was tough to open, but I didn't end up keeping the box anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Daniels
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was expecting a bigger box as well for some reason. Nice cards though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that when there is no comparative size reference points on the image then it is easy to assume that the box is larger than its true size.

The two Star Wars: The Card Game expansions (Balance of the Force & Edge of Darkness) also are typical of this effect. Unless you see images with the cards and contents displayed next to the box, the mind assumes that the 8cm square box is in fact the same sizes as the 12cm core set box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The good thing about its being a small expansion is that GF9 doesn't seem to be counting it as a legitimate expansion (one designer said on a video "Its just the cards we couldn't fit into he first box"). As Pirates and Bounty Hunters is being mentioned by GF9 as 'The First Expansion,' perhaps the Eight Expansions they noted won't include BA, and we'll get yet another one out of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While following up on Jon's posting about the next expansions slip to an April release, the advert of BA on the game's website does create the impression that it is a bigger box. Kind of leading us up the garden path. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.