Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that if a " player Fights a Beast and the Weapon level is lower , ...receive 1 wound for each missing weapon level"

ok sounds simple enough, same page but down a 2 paragraphs,:

" If players have to decrease . . .Weapon level by 1 but that level is already at 0, then each player receives 1 Wound."

So if I'm resolving a Fight, would the Weapon reduction require everyone to lose a wound or just the player fighting?

My main confusion is that I can't tell when 1 player receives a wound for Unfulfilled demand and when everyone receives a wound instead.

Is it the resource that decides or the language, Like if a player as opposed to players? So the statement If the players have to decrease the Roof, the Palisade, etc. . " the reason each player receives a wound is because of the plural "players" or because we're dealing with the roof, palisade, etc. . . So anytime we reduce the Roof and we cant we have to damge everyone?

Take a card like Broken Lever , it states:

The stick you used as a lever breaks, then has -1 weapon level.

Does the player take the damge if Weapon level is at 0 or does everyone take a wound?

Sounds like it's talking about 1 player so it should be just the active player right?

thanks

sorry for confusing question . . .can anyone clarify or is there a chart available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the generalization is:

- If it's during the Action phase, the character taking the action receives the wound.
- Otherwise (outside of the Action phase), everyone receives the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cush1978 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the generalization is:

- If it's during the Action phase, the character taking the action receives the wound.
- Otherwise (outside of the Action phase), everyone receives the round.

I think the 3rd one is that in the Morale phase, only the first player takes the wounds.

I forget if the updated German rules changed any of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
And I thin there is something about first player receiving the wounds if you haveto fight a beast during event phase.

To be honest who receives wounds in this game is the most confusing part of it for me and I often have to double check :/ A clear diagram would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking about unfulfilled demand in general. The rules for the Morale phase are pretty clear about the first player being the person who performs the Morale phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cush1978 wrote:
I was talking about unfulfilled demand in general. The rules for the Morale phase are pretty clear about the first player being the person who performs the Morale phase.

This all counts towards unfulfilled demand. Everything is covered by the answers in this thread. Do you have any more specific situations?

Blustar wrote:
Is it the resource that decides or the language,

neither... its the phase you are currently in that matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome and thanks! what a headache, I was really wondering how it was played BtB.

So then the Broken Lever card, since it was resolved during the action phase would only affect 1 player. ( active player)

I can finally enjoy this great game. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blustar wrote:
The rules state that if a " player Fights a Beast and the Weapon level is lower , ...receive 1 wound for each missing weapon level"

" If players have to decrease . . .Weapon level by 1 but that level is already at 0, then each player receives 1 Wound."

So if I'm resolving a Fight, would the Weapon reduction require everyone to lose a wound or just the player fighting?

The player receives a wound for each level that your weapon level is below the beast's strength. If the beast additionally forces you to reduce your weapon level, everythe hunting player takes wounds according to unfulfilled demand.

EDIT: FIXED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pinoeppel wrote:
Blustar wrote:

The player receives a wound for each level that your weapon level is below the beast's strength. If the beast additionally forces you to reduce your weapon level, every player takes wounds according to unfulfilled demand.

This is wrong. Well... at least the second part
Yes, the hunting player receives wounds according to the difference of the weapons strength and the strength of the animal.
After that, the weapon strength is reduced according to the value on the beast card. If this value would reduce the weapon strength below zero, also, the hunting player gets wounds for that.

This, and everything else I said, is from the German Pegasus rulebook. (The last thing: "Der Kampf (the combat)" in the box on page 15)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
pinoeppel wrote:
Blustar wrote:

The player receives a wound for each level that your weapon level is below the beast's strength. If the beast additionally forces you to reduce your weapon level, every player takes wounds according to unfulfilled demand.

Yes, the hunting player receives wounds according to the difference of the weapons strength and the strength of the animal.
After that, the weapon strength is reduced according to the value on the beast card. If this value would reduce the weapon strength below zero, also, the hunting player gets wounds for that.

This, and everything else I said, is from the German Pegasus rulebook. (The last thing: "Der Kampf (the combat)" in the box on page 15)

Thanks, I stand corrected. didn't have the rule book at hand and was answering from the top of my head. Ah, this reminds me that its already too long since I played this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
pinoeppel wrote:
Blustar wrote:

Since hunting requires two players, do they both get the wound? It's just the first player (and not the support player), right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Backlash27 wrote:
Since hunting requires two players, do they both get the wound? It's just the first player (and not the support player), right?

Just the first player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
Backlash27 wrote:

Just the first player.

Thanks. I've also read that all players get hurt when weapon level demand can't be met, but with only 1 (or two, depending on your interpretation) hunting, that didn't make sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.