Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mrgamer gamer
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The card Pheromones states: "When you make a successful run on HQ, place 1 virus counter on Pheromones".
On page 33 in the rulebook, it is shown that a run counts as successful before a card is accessed, as per 4.4 and 4.5.
Does this mean that a virus counter is placed om pheromones, and other similar cards, before the asset, upgrade (or whatever) is accessed?
If so, does the effect from pheromones take place during the first successful run that is being made while pheromones is in play?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the run is successful, and thus the virus counter goes on pheremones, before you access cards. Just remember that the recurring credits only reload at the start of a turn, though.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is more relevant when considering cards like Medium or Nerve Agent as they worded these very carefully to interact properly with the timing structure.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
It's just as relevant on Pheremones. That extra credit could be the difference between trashing a card or not, or stealing a Fetal AI or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
It's just as relevant on Pheremones. That extra credit could be the difference between trashing a card or not, or stealing a Fetal AI or not.


It's a recurring credit, you wouldn't get it until your next turn.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Dovian wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
It's just as relevant on Pheremones. That extra credit could be the difference between trashing a card or not, or stealing a Fetal AI or not.


It's a recurring credit, you wouldn't get it until your next turn.


Huh, good point. For some reason I thought it'd be active immediately on hosting the counter, but you're right, it's when the CARD becomes active

Curious - if you installPheromones with Grimoire, do you get the credit this turn? Presumably not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Dovian wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
It's just as relevant on Pheremones. That extra credit could be the difference between trashing a card or not, or stealing a Fetal AI or not.


It's a recurring credit, you wouldn't get it until your next turn.


Huh, good point. For some reason I thought it'd be active immediately on hosting the counter, but you're right, it's when the CARD becomes active

Curious - if you installPheromones with Grimoire, do you get the credit this turn? Presumably not.


Actually you do:

"Recurring credits are placed on a card when the card becomes active, and can be used immediately. Recurring credits do not stack; a player only replaces recurring credits up to the number listed on the card when his or her turn begins."

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/rules#faq6
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Dovian wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
It's just as relevant on Pheremones. That extra credit could be the difference between trashing a card or not, or stealing a Fetal AI or not.


It's a recurring credit, you wouldn't get it until your next turn.


Huh, good point. For some reason I thought it'd be active immediately on hosting the counter, but you're right, it's when the CARD becomes active

Curious - if you installPheromones with Grimoire, do you get the credit this turn? Presumably not.


The way Grimoire is worded makes it sound like a triggered ability:

Grimoire wrote:
Whenever you install a virus program, place 1 virus counter on that program


In which case you wouldn't get the credit that turn. Oddly enough I thought it had viruses enter play with an additional counter so my gut thought was that you would get it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ikex wrote:
"Recurring credits are placed on a card when the card becomes active, and can be used immediately. Recurring credits do not stack; a player only replaces recurring credits up to the number listed on the card when his or her turn begins."


The card is active --- installed and in play --- prior to the accumulation of virus counters. Note the wording of Pheromones:

Pheromones wrote:
X [Recurring Credits]
Use these credits during runs on HQ. X is the number of virus counters on Pheromones.
Whenever you make a successful run on HQ, place 1 virus counter on Pheromones.


We don't get to refresh recurring credits after adding a virus counter because adding a virus counter doesn't make the card active.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um. Ok. But Grimoire gives one virus token whenever you install a virus program.

That's why I believe that when you have Grimoire installed and you install Pheromones you do "receive" one recurring credit.

I've never insisted that recurring credits refresh after adding virus counters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ikex wrote:
Um. Ok. But Grimoire gives one virus token whenever you install a virus program.

That's why I believe that when you have Grimoire installed and you install Pheromones you do "receive" one recurring credit.

I've never insisted that recurring credits refresh after adding virus counters.


There's a difference between entering play with an extra token, and adding a token once it's been installed. Grimoire does the latter so the sequence of events would go like this:

1) Virus is installed and becomes active.
2) Grimoire triggers to add a virus token to that card.

Since it becomes active when it's installed and Grimoire adds it after that you wouldn't have the token on it when it becomes active.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.