Popular Tags: [View All]
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was checking out some custom fighters and there's a lot of teases that were not continued.

Is it because everyone is waiting for the fan-made character contest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of 4+ BGG BattleCON regulars, not including myself, who are working on characters for Wanderers so...yeah, I think people are keeping some stuff secret right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
I know of 4+ BGG BattleCON regulars, not including myself, who are working on characters for Wanderers so...yeah, I think people are keeping some stuff secret right now.

Who could blame them - make a BattleCON character without having to pay lots of money - yes please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, from what I have seen and read from what people are doing, Wanderers is going to blow your minds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Personally, from what I have seen and read from what people are doing, Wanderers is going to blow your minds.

You haven't read mine...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

You haven't read mine...

I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nor mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nor mine...wait...I don't have any........................................................................................................yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I abandoned my thread due to being worried about diswualification from wanderers. There is also the big thing that there is no nice system for making the cards yourself (the MSE program is nice, but not great). Don't worry though 5-6 characters are swimming in the mind at the moment along with everyone else's.

Lastly don't forget that most people will likely release their custom characters even if they don't make it into wanderers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. People are keeping it secret because of Wanderers.

Remember, that if your idea is similar to someone else's or to one of the designs that are already in the works, it really hampers your chances of winning.

Of course, don't tell the judges anything about your design. That'd disqualify you, too for bias.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok i am relatively new to the battlecon scene. i dont even have a copy yet, going to get it soon though, but i have played the PnP and love it.

so question is what is this wanderers thing people keep talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
ok i am relatively new to the battlecon scene. i dont even have a copy yet, going to get it soon though, but i have played the PnP and love it.

so question is what is this wanderers thing people keep talking about?

Ever since War of Indines, creating new characters has been popular with the BattleCON fans. Wanderers was a stretch goal on Devastation kickstarter for a official pack of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How will the content of Wanderers be decided? Has that been announced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably, from what I understand, it will be submitted through the BattleCON online forum (once that's completely up and running), and then judged by the Level99 staff. If they are feeling magnanimous, they'd take double the final number and have the players vote (again, through the BattleCON online interface) on which characters they would like to see (likely in 4-6 character 'flights' of similarly themed characters that the staff liked).
Other than that bit of speculation, I haven't seen anything concrete on how the characters will be selected yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can say that the criteria's pretty much:

1) Fleshed out lore
2) Uniqueness
3) Balance

That's pretty much it. Hahaha. Well, I know Brad has much more criteria but that's the gist of it.

Your character must fit into the world of Indines well (but don't worry if your character is a T-Rex, the Planestalkers basically let ANYTHING happen). Also, it has to be unique in the sense that no one else has the same idea and that we haven't already got a character that functions in a similar way. Finally, your character need not be COMPLETELY balanced, but he should be nowhere in the realm of "instant-win" attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kind of disappointed that it's getting in the way of people posting their characters :/

We need another fan-expansion, a la Outcasts, to get some fresh ideas flowing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
I am kind of disappointed that it's getting in the way of people posting their characters :/

Shameless plug for Thiago.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1028562/a-bit-more-about...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:

Yeah. It's pretty hard to put ideas out.

I guess it's our incentive to speed up the process!

Besides, once it's done, we'll have like 100's of characters floating around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that once Wanderers is completed, the floodgates will open and people will post up all of the ideas that they've been holding back for it (at least, the ones that didn't make it into the set).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

Shameless plug for Thiago.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1028562/a-bit-more-about...

Thanks Rook.

And yes, i am working n a fan-expansion of my own, ther than my character for Wanderers. For that, im creating my ice assassin, Moria Severnaya...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is submitting a character for Wanderers only open to KS backers? I unfortunately didn't discover the joy that is Battlecon until after the Devastation Kickstarter was over (though I did pre-order it in June as soon as I did find out about it).

If it is open to everyone, I'd better keep my eyes out here and on the battlecon forums for how to submit. Otherwise I'll just have to save up for Battlecon 3 and pledge early and pledge big. :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:

1) Fleshed out lore
2) Uniqueness
3) Balance

That's pretty much it. Hahaha. Well, I know Brad has much more criteria but that's the gist of it.

Waitwaitwait... lore is actually a main criteria? And here I thought the pages of description/fluff I've written for my four potential submissions were only going to be useful as evidence that I procrastinated away my playtesting time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Corphus wrote:
mnmkami wrote:

1) Fleshed out lore
2) Uniqueness
3) Balance

Waitwaitwait... lore is actually a main criteria? And here I thought the pages of description/fluff I've written for my four potential submissions were only going to be useful as evidence that I procrastinated away my playtesting time.

Indeed

As you know, adding a character to the world is as much about making sure they'll fit in future games as making sure they fit in the game they're designed for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.