Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Ansari
United States
Temple City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just double checking to make sure I handled this properly. The knight was in the forest with one blight. The knight had Oath of Vengeance active and was at 0 secrecy. So instead of an Event Card, I went to battle and was able to roll 2 dice (using the Charge tactic) with a +2 to the roll(+1 from Holy Relic and +1 from OoV). I rolled a six on one of the die which gives me the 7 needed to defeat the Necromancer. However, he sacrifices the blight to escape and I move to the action phase.

When successful with OoV, I am given one free action and so I use it to reactivate OoV. Now that the forest is free of blights, I can use my action to attack the Necromancer (once again using Charge tactic) and roll a five on one of the die which is also sufficient to defeat the Necromancer, this time defeating him for good.

Was this played according to the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not entirely sure which detail(s) you're worried about, but I don't see anything wrong with that sequence.

- Oath of Vengeance and a holy relic do provide cumulative bonuses
- You can use the reward from fulfilling Oath of Vengeance to reactivate it
- Under appropriate circumstances, you can kill the Necromancer (or force him to sacrifice a blight) even when he's the one attacking

"OoV" is an ambiguous acronym, though (there's also an Oath of Valor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Temple City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate you clearing it up. My primary issue stemmed from whether the necromancer would sacrifice a blight when defeated, even though I wasn't attacking. Additionally, I wanted to make sure that I was using the Oath of Vengeance correctly. It was a tense moment and I felt like everything was done properly, but I wanted to make sure. My apologies for the acronym. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
I did not think you could use the Relic twice in one turn. You used it in the one attack (you were defending), but to kill him in the action phase, you would have had to use it again, right? Or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no rule against using the relic more than once in a turn; it's just that once you've used it, you can't give it away to someone else until your following turn, which prevents other heroes from using it in the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.