Dante
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just two quick questions;

Does a Treachery card's reckless skill check only kick in if someone played the Reckless action beforehand to lower the skills check? Or is it activated if a card turns up in the skill check itself with Reckless on?

Also, I always took the Sympathiser out of the core game because I had heard of balancing issues... how does the Symp manage with this expansion? Namely in a 6 player game.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Beforehand!

If a card that says "Reckless: text" on it shows up IN the skill check, it has no effect other than its printed value.

If a card that says "Reckless Skill Check: text" on it shows up IN the skill check, it takes effect ONLY if it was made Reckless beforehand.

For future reference (other expansions, NOT Pegasus), if a card that says "Skill Check: text" on it shows up IN the skill check, it ALWAYS takes effect, REGARDLESS of Reckless.

Don't use either Sympathizer or Sympathetic Cylon, as they are both bad. Your best options are to play with Cylon Leader (although Daybreak's Agendas are much better) or the official No-Sympathizer variant, in which there are 6 players, 2 Cylons, and reduced starting resources (8, 9, 9, 10, I believe). (8, 7, 9, 10, as per below).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly the answer I was looking for, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
schmloof wrote:
No-Sympathizer variant, in which there are 6 players, 2 Cylons, and reduced starting resources (8, 9, 9, 10, I believe).

8, 7, 7, 10. Increasing starting Food and Morale by 1 doesn't seem like much of a handicap to me.

Also revealed Cylons can draw 3 cards instead of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
markino wrote:
schmloof wrote:
No-Sympathizer variant, in which there are 6 players, 2 Cylons, and reduced starting resources (8, 9, 9, 10, I believe).

8, 7, 7, 10. Increasing starting Food and Morale by 1 doesn't seem like much of a handicap to me.

Also revealed Cylons can draw 3 cards instead of 2.

8 fuel, 7 food, 9 morale, 10 population are starting resources for no sympathizer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
How about we link to the actual document. I only recommend the No Sympathizer rules, the other 3 variants are terrible:

http://fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Battlestar_Galacti...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Man we all suck at memorising the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's no fun... I wanted to see how many variations we could make!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dante3000 wrote:
Does a Treachery card's reckless skill check only kick in if someone played the Reckless action beforehand to lower the skills check? Or is it activated if a card turns up in the skill check itself with Reckless on?

If someone plays a Reckless skill check interrupt (1-2 - Support The People, 3-5 - At Any Cost, 1-2 - Guts And Initiative, or 1-2 - Jury Rigged) before the skill check and resolves the text, the skill check will be Reckless.

If the skill check is Reckless, Reckless Skill Check cards played into the skill check (1 - Broadcast Location, 1 - By Your Command, or 2 - Special Destiny) will trigger, and their text is resolved before the pass or fail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
Given how much praised the noSymp variant is, I'm surprised to see this. It's not hard either.....

Food and Morale are each at 1 less, pop at 2 less

Replace the Symp card with a YANAC card.

Revealed cylon draws 3 skill cards, mix and match. You must declare all 3 of them ahead of time. Remember that if you add any of the expansions (Peg, Exo, Day), then they all must be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:
Your best options are to play with Cylon Leader (although Daybreak's Agendas are much better)

Daybreak's Cylon Leader Motives are great compared to Pegasus' Cylon Leader Agendas. (That's what you obviously meant. Also, with Daybreak you can also use Mutineer instead of CL for even number of players, or even both Mutineer and CL for 5 player game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:

Or is it just that you remember it as -0,-1,-1,-2 and haven't memorised the 8,8,10,12 start since it's just "all dials straight up"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
markino wrote:

Or is it just that you remember it as -0,-1,-1,-2 and haven't memorised the 8,8,10,12 start since it's just "all dials straight up"?

That's exactly it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.