Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
No news on Twitter, Facebook, or Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You mentioned SoB in a BGG post!!

I just peed a little bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey posted in a comment on January 8 that they are working hard on the game and trying to get the pledge manager perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
FFP had poor communication during the KS, so I don't expect them to have better communication after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-br...

Update #30

Jan 10, 2014
What what what??? UPDATE TIME!
2 comments
3 likes

Hello Everybody! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I know it's been quiet round these parts lately, but we've been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! Which is probably what you guys want most - make those games! There have been many projects keeping the studio buzzing the last few weeks! For all of our Last Night on Earth fans, the big news is that we just got our shipment of the new Blood in the Forest Expansion and we've been working many late nights to get it out the door to all of the people that Pre-Ordered it from us at Gen Con, PAX, and when it went debuted on our Web Store for our Black Friday Sale. Now, it's being shipped out to all of our distribution partners and should filter out to stores over the next few weeks.

We've also been working hard on the upcoming A Touch of Evil: Dark Gothic Deck Building Card Game. This is our first product with Custom Dice and it is both rewarding and challenging. But, enough about other games, most of you are wanting to know how Shadows of Brimstone is progressing! Rest assured that we have an incredible team of artists toiling away making very, very cool illustrations and miniatures. Let's take a look at some new stuff...

Here are some beautiful new illustrations from Polish artist, Morano:

Above is an illustration of a group of adventurers choking on a Poisonous Mist! Below is an illustration of the sexy but deadly Hellfire Succubi demons in the Caverns of Cynder!

Meanwhile, Flying Frog's own Brian Snoddy has been creating jaw-droppingly cool illustrations for weapons, gear, items, and artifacts. Here is a pic of him working, followed by an image of some of the Item illustrations:

As you know, Shadows of Brimstone features miniatures sculpted by several talented artists, using both traditional and digital sculpting. Below is a picture of Daniel at Flying Frog, digitally sculpting on one of the new Shadows of Brimstone creatures. Below that are some pictures of Daniel's new sculpt of the Harbinger - the biggest, baddest creature in the Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death Boxed Set:

As you can see, lots of cool new stuff is in the works. We'll continue to keep you updated as we have more to show!

Thanks,

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll note my BGG post was on January 10th and the Kickstarter updates weren't up there before my post. Coincidence?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well looks like my $75 dollar credit goes to
Hellfire Succubidevil

OD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
You'll note my BGG post was on January 10th and the Kickstarter updates weren't up there before my post. Coincidence?

Probably.

I think it's far more likely that people calling their office and emailing one of the FFP folks on their personal email address (not that they knew what it was) probably spurred a little action.

As discussed at length on the KS comments, we're all sure they're very, very busy, but when someone says they'll be in touch in 1-2 weeks and there's still silence after 5 weeks (holidays and all), it's not surprising when the 'natives become restless', as it were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And this game isn't due until around this time next year, so they've got time. I understand there might not be much going on right now as they flesh out ideas and sculpts. I know it shows August 2014 but I'm including the typical Kickstarter 3-6 month, at the least, delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you hadn't heard, they've said that their goal is to have the base boxes done and shipped by August, so they can launch the game at Gencon.

The giant pile of expansions and extras won't be until later, with no current estimate that I've seen.

Sure, we still might see delays, but it's not impossible we'll actually get the base boxes in August either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark King
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm fully expecting base boxes in August and addon etc later in the year which is absolutely fine by me.

I'd much rather that than some rushed addons where either the physical components or rules don't quite fit/work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Teorino wrote:
I'm fully expecting base boxes in August and addon etc later in the year which is absolutely fine by me.

I'd much rather that than some rushed addons where either the physical components or rules don't quite fit/work.

I'm happy to wait too. With Myth, the international backers are getting one delivery with all the extra content bundled in, but only after the US get their base sets - maybe they'll do the same with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would expect the base boxes a little later, the fall. I would expect everything else coming much later after that.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I take it no one has received the pledge manager yet then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Irons
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, I'd imagine they'll have it done sometime in February or March at the latest so things can be in order for an August release.

Assuming everything stays on track at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm thinking most of the additional content won't be released with the "starter packs". Is there anyway of working out the proposed release dates for the various content?

I'm keen to get everything that will ship in the initial kickstarter shipment, beyond that I'm happy to wait until retail release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearhug78 wrote:
So I'm thinking most of the additional content won't be released with the "starter packs". Is there anyway of working out the proposed release dates for the various content?

I'm keen to get everything that will ship in the initial kickstarter shipment, beyond that I'm happy to wait until retail release.

Kickstarter comment from FFP wrote:
How soon after the kick starter is fulfilled will we see the items that are addons be available for retail purchase? An interesting question. Some add ons, such as card packs will only be available on our webstore. Most likely the core sets will come to retailers first followed by a slow release of other retail products, most likely over the next 3 years. After all, you can expect a retail store to say, "Yes, I will take the core sets, and all the add ons and stretch goals. I will spend tons of money up front and dedicate a whole shelf to it.".

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-br...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.