Nick Stellato
United States
Grafton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're still using the paper money in games now's the time to upgrade

Seriously, though, I picked these up and I'm very impressed with them. They have a nice weight for mini chips. And you get a deck of cards!

Shipping was I think $8 to Ohio.

http://www.discountpokershop.com/clearance-300pc-gram-suited...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 300pc 7 gram mini poker chips + case - $9.95
This "deal" has been going on a looong time. So I don't know if it's still "hot", but really every gamer should get one of these. 18xx/poker players may prefer full-size chips, but these work great for games where you don't want the chips to take up as much space. Especially for games where you need to put money on the board. And the thickness of these makes them much easier to pick up than most mini chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
This "deal" has been going on a looong time.

yup, perpetual "deal", as well as folks perpetually posting about it

base poster.. suggest adding to subject of your base post "+ shipping"... I was going to ignore this repeat thread but was hoping this time there was a free ship offer....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got these a few weeks ago and really like them. I am actually getting rid of my full size set and replacing them with these since space is so limited now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sink
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got two of them. $9 to ship them to Seattle. The new 5% discount code is newyear5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stellato
United States
Grafton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about not realizing this was a "perpetual" deal. I should've done a bit more research in the forum - I will do that next time.

I changed the heading and added "+shipping"

Thanks for the heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9% sales tax to CA cry cry

Thanks for the repost, OP. I wanted to get these awhile back but never got around to it. This reminded me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Bazar
United States
Visalia
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:

Thanks for the repost, OP. I wanted to get these awhile back but never got around to it. This reminded me!

90 cents in tax I can afford.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yoggoth wrote:
whattheproblemis wrote:

90 cents in tax I can afford.

Ahh, perspective. You have it. I don't. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Petty
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perpetual or not, I have read this offer on here a dozen times and just now placed an order..so thanks for reposting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who? Me?
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adidas02 wrote:
Perpetual or not, I have read this offer on here a dozen times and just now placed an order..so thanks for reposting.

Second that... timing is everything I just ordered after thinking but not acting for many moons...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a lot of people seem to prefer poker chips to paper money. What are your feelings about replacing counters with the chips? For example, I just played Among the Stars and it has 1 and 5 counter denominations, but chips might be nicer.

Just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
What are your feelings about replacing counters with the chips?

There are very few games where I replace counters with chips. Assuming we're talking decent thickness cardboard chits (I haven't played Among the Stars). But games with flimsy generic plastic chips (like at least the original Age of Steam) definitely get replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
I know a lot of people seem to prefer poker chips to paper money. What are your feelings about replacing counters with the chips? For example, I just played Among the Stars and it has 1 and 5 counter denominations, but chips might be nicer.

Just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

The chips have a nice heft, but are still small enough to fit in a game box as tokens or counters. They are colored and non denominational. You could easily make your own labels to stick on the chips and customize them even further.

I'm a big fan of these chips and bought cases to give to my friends as gifts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested, but I can't think of a game I own that needs these. I already pimped my Lords of Vegas with full size Vegas chips. What games are people using these for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

I'm interested, but I can't think of a game I own that needs these. I already pimped my Lords of Vegas with full size Vegas chips. What games are people using these for.

I use poker chips to replace the money tokens in Modern Art! I hated the fact that Dr. Knizia didn't include 10k money chips in the game. What was he thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:
I'm interested, but I can't think of a game I own that needs these. I already pimped my Lords of Vegas with full size Vegas chips. What games are people using these for?

Yah, I hate spending $20 on a maybe thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankur Gupta
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also (recently) purchased these chips. Nice quality, usable game chips. I highly recommend getting them to replace money in games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:
I'm interested, but I can't think of a game I own that needs these. I already pimped my Lords of Vegas with full size Vegas chips.

If you already have good full size chips, and space is no object, then you don't really need these as much as those who don't have a good set of chips. But if someone didn't already have a good set, I'd go with these over full size, because for many people/tables/games, smaller is more convenient.

turtleback wrote:
What games are people using these for?

Quick scan of your collection, from the games I know:
18xx
Wits & Wagers
Airlines Europe
Saint Petersburg
Dice Town
But again, could also use full-size chips for most of these if no space issues. Personally, I have nice full-size chpis, but never use them anymore. Partially for table space, and partially for weight/space in my game box which I carry to game night. But there are a few games where it's beneficial to actually put the chips on the game itself. It's hard to think of these off the top of my head, but most recently for me was Archipelago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have these guys, and they're pretty useful for general purpose replacement of paper money. I used them with Dice Town last week, and they eliminated a lot of the fiddly-ness of counting out the cash.

(Although they did make it harder to not look like you had a ton of money if you were the leader!) surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gordon
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

Power Grid, Archipelago, and Cyclades are a few that jump to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turgid wrote:
turtleback wrote:

Power Grid, Archipelago, and Cyclades are a few that jump to mind.

Played standard edition London last week and used poker chips. Can't imagine playing a game with paper money; any game with paper money, I pull out my set of chips.

These do look a bit nicer than the small set I have...very tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
These do look a bit nicer than the small set I have...very tempting.

They are nicer. Assuming you're talking about the Poker-to-go set. I have that, a different set from China (not distributed in NA), and these. These are the best by far, mainly due to thickness. Just get it. Once these things are gone, folks will be kicking themselves for missing out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit the bullet and bought one. Figured I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a better picture of these? Perhaps next to some games for reference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.