Will Thibault
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something the other players in my group want clarification on; when using Production or Industry, what produces the units? The question comes from generally muddy wording around phrases like "at a Space Dock".

The answers as I believe them to be are below, but they'd like confirmation.

PRODUCTION
When using Production or its secondary, Space Docks produce the units at the SC's impetus. Technologies that apply during production at a Space Dock - Enviro Compensator and Sarween Tools, in particular - do apply here. Enviro Compensator does not apply to the secondary, however, because the specific wording on the SC overrides it.

INDUSTRY
Space Docks do not produce as a result of Industry; units are merely placed on planets that contain SDs (Put another way, it's the SC that makes the units, not the SD - those just determine legal placement). This means neither Sarween Tools nor Enviro Compensator apply, but you can exceed a planet's production capacity because the SD isn't actually producing. (Might happen on a 0- or 1-resource planet.)

Is this correct? If not, why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Nordgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
Seems correct to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.