James Stein
msg tools
As a commemoration of the end of the 22nd period of 365 days since I arrived various acquaintances decided to hand me slips of paper that I understand are highly coveted in the strange barter system of their people.

It is my understanding that I might obtain some tokens of wood, cardboard and plastic, along with a ruleset which might guide me in the ritualistic movements of these pieces.

Are there any sets which are considered to be particularly desirable in this solar year? I find myself drawn to tales of conflict, trade, nation building and other such exercises in woe, with a strange repulsion from the abstract and dry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Clash of Cultures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Recommendations.

Er, I mean, moved to recommendations.

My recommendation is Ogre DE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game (with F&F and W&W expansions).

More thematic than Clash of Cultures as you have unique Civs with pictures and words and such.

The game comes with a distinct lack of wooden cubes but I find the plastic flags and caravans scratch that itch particularly well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Imperium (Third Edition).

Sounds like you'd fit right in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.