Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear fellow gamers,

can you play "Zombicide" with two "not cooperating" players, meaning one player plays the "heroes" and one plays the "zombies".

My wife and I are both avid gamers but we do not very much like "real" cooperative games.

We play - as an example - LNOE but not cooperative. Is this possible with "Zombicide"???

Thanks to all our fellow gamers in advance,

Günter & Kristel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as written - the game is designed with an "AI" to run the Zombies and there really aren't a whole lot of choices in how they operate.

You could houserule it to work that way, but if that style is such a strong preference you're probably better off with Last Night on Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Season 3 is rumored to feature player vs. player rules.
With this game you would each play a team of non cooperating survivors, the zombies are still controlled by the game.
It is rumored to be kickstarted during this summer.

The current rules only support co-op game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:

This would actually be pretty easy to implement with the original main game only. Would need some house rules and specific scenario design, but wouldn't be that hard.

I think they're specifically after Zombie-player vs. Hero player(s), though and I think that would be much more difficult to implement into this system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player would usually run 2 or 3 survivors each, so you could both still be fighting the zombies, but just not working together. Of course, it usually takes the players working together to win, so instead of winning the game, the one to last longest would have to be declared the winner. That in turn might convince you that working together might be a good idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
With this game you would each play a team of non cooperating survivors, the zombies are still controlled by the game.

From the way it's been described thus far I think it, strictly, will be semi-coop, much like the team mode in Pandemic: In The Lab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why you would even consider getting a game designed and marketed as a cooperative game if your wife and you don't like 'real' cooperative games. There are plenty of other games out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

I think we will stay with LNOE for the moment. We do like that one indeed - be it in the non cooperative mood.

Günter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide is fun for 2 cooperative players. Want a good 2 player vs zombie game? Go grab Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Bryce!

We already do own LNOE. That's the main reason I was asking myself if such a system was (sooner or later to be) included in Zombicide too.

Kind regards,

Günter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.