Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Effects of Being Pinned, Melee Resolution and Shooting into a Scrum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If a unit is unactivated, but becomes pinned it cannot be activated to move, make ranged fire or use a focus ability. Is that right? It is not marked with an activation token, but it is essentially unusable until the melee phase or if it becomes unpinned, right?

2. Melee is resolved from top to bottom and this is NOT simultaneous meaning that a unit may be eliminated before it can due damage to a unit it is pinning. For example, if a unit is sandwiched between two enemy units it may be eliminated by the unit pinning it before it can damage the unit it is pinning. Is that right?

3. You can shoot a ranged attack into engaged units or a scrum, but you run the risk of damaging your own units via scatter. Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on all three!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
Correct on all three!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you shoot at a unit that is pinned, or with other overlapping units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Shephard
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion wrote:
Can you shoot at a unit that is pinned, or with other overlapping units?

yes

you might scatter and hit your own units if they are involved though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wiley
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Along the lines of ranged, can Magic (a focus ability) be fired into combat as well?

If my unit is pinned and my opponent fires off a magic attack against the pinned unit from a caster 4" away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Cornara
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
https://snipertroll.wordpress.com - https://shiftingmists.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wiles01 wrote:
Along the lines of ranged, can Magic (a focus ability) be fired into combat as well?

If my unit is pinned and my opponent fires off a magic attack against the pinned unit from a caster 4" away.

Magic X. A disk with magic can activate to deal arcane damage equal to its magic value to a target enemy within medium range. Using magic is considered to be resolving a focus ability, and is not a ranged attack.

There are no limitations of target in the description of the Magic ability, so i'd say yes, you can use Magic against an engaged unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bryant
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
re: Melee resolution

Here is the situation, with numbers being units on the top layer and letters being on the bottom:

1 2
WXYZ

There is overlap between X and Y, but otherwise W/X and Y/Z are just adjacent. Unit 1 overlaps W and X. Unit 2 overlaps Y and Z.

Unit 1 is killed after the first exchange with Unit X

Who is Unit 2 able to now target? If Unit 2 survives the exchange, can unit W affect unit 2?

Thanks for helping me with this confusing part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.