Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not "new" to BGG per se, however I think I've posted a total of three times at most so I'm hoping I didn't just overlook this topic in my search….

My husband and I ordered two games and several Bohnanza expansions from Amazon.de December 10, 2013. We got all the Bohnanza stuff December 23. Palaces of Carrara shipped two days after Bohnanza per Amazon.de and Luna shipped a few days after that (5, I think?). Still haven't received either as of today, January 11, 2014.

Should I be concerned? I know shipping to the US from Germany takes time, especially since we chose the standard shipping, and Customs here has been "backed up" due to holidays and weather but I'm wondering if I'm running out of time to inquire with them if there is an issue. Has anyone had any experience with this? Should I attempt contact?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mbmbmbmbmb

I had made an order through Amazon.de last summer, and I do not recall when I actually received my game, but I DID receive it, and in tip top condition. I also recall having a little 'anxiety', but to the best of memory, just as I began to really worry, it showed up!

I would wait a little more...customs really do slow things a bit, and with the nasty turn winter took in much of the states, it could converge into a delay. In any case, I think it will be fine, and I would give it at least a couple more weeks, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Nova
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My shipments have taken between two and five weeks. Factor in the weather, holidays, etc. so add a week or more. Also, wasn't there some labor issues with German Amazon workers?

In the end, don't worry, its Amazon. They will make it right if things go south. Assuming you paid via CC, then you have plenty of time if they never show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from New User Questions to Discussing Retailers.

This way your thread will be easier to find in the future. I'm sure others will have similar questions in the future.

I'd expect to see a package in the next two weeks. As others have noted, while questionable in many ways, Amazon will at the least reimburse you if the package doesn't turn up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I have found that the package often arrives a week or so after the planned arrival date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chinh Tran
Canada
Mississauga
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi...I've ordered from amazon.de before and most time it arrived at a later date than stated. For me (Canada) it took about 2 months (standard shipping) for the item to arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received Luna, and it took almost exactly 1 month, so I wouldn't worry yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Yang
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
don't worry. I too ordered carrara a few months ago and it took more than 5 or 6 weeks to reach me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the valuable and informed responses-I feel a lot better! Here's to hoping this week is full of Amazon.de packages for everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palaces arrived today!! Just waiting on Luna
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luna got here on Friday! Thanks for setting my mind at ease
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.