Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
The setup portion states the following:

The Heroes start with no gear. They can loot the bodies for gear. Each Hero draws 1 card from the Green Item deck and can select 1 card from the Starting Gear deck.

Does this mean that each player will start with 1 green and 1 starting item in their backpack INSTEAD of the items they may have acquired from anything previously done?

Is "gear" supposed to be specifically defined or am I reading too much into it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The gear is all the items cards, so instead of starting with regular starting gear (brown cards) of your character, and whatever equipment your titles allow you to keep, you'll start with one brown and one green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This i right, you really have to begin with this quest if you don't want to loose the items you had before.

And BTW there is a "big" problem with this setup, the archer need 2 items to attack his bow AND his quiver. There is a chance he will not be able to attack if no one draw a green bow or a green quiver. The quickest fix is to let him choose 2 brown instead of choosing 1 brown and drawing 1 green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe have another character choose the quiver and then trade it to the archer for this green card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes but if none of the green cards are Weapons (or if they are weapons for a class not at the table) one of them won't have a weapon if he give his brown item to the Archer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
Yes but if none of the green cards are Weapons (or if they are weapons for a class not at the table) one of them won't have a weapon if he give his brown item to the Archer.

Have you approached Brian with this issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I figured it out after the english rulebook was sent to the printer and it was such an easy fix that it was not high on my priority list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, that issue was intended.

The Archer can use other weapons. It is part of his directional choice. However, as a Novice Hero many of his abilities won't be usable (anything Requiring Ammo).

Specifically, he can use To the Knee, Find Weakness, Tumble, Circumvent and Pincushion with any melee weapon (as well as his dodge interrupts, and move cards). He is certainly weaker this way, but is not left without the ability to act.

If you think that is the worst we throw at the Heroes, then some of you are in for a surprise.

And as noted, another player can make the sacrifice if they choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:

The Archer can use other weapons. It is part of his directional choice. However, as a Novice Hero many of his abilities won't be usable (anything Requiring Ammo).

Specifically, he can use To the Knee, Find Weakness, Tumble, Circumvent and Pincushion with any melee weapon (as well as his dodge interrupts, and move cards). He is certainly weaker this way, but is not left without the ability to act.

If you think that is the worst we throw at the Heroes, then some of you are in for a surprise.

This is awesome! It reminds me of D&D and old-school MMOs. In D&Ds case some things in those modules were downright nasty. And in both cases neither were forgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
hatchhermit wrote:
BShotton wrote:

This is awesome! It reminds me of D&D and old-school MMOs. In D&Ds case some things in those modules were downright nasty. And in both cases neither were forgiving.

Yeah, I agree, Tony. I used to write adventures for my group where the characters started with almost nothing and were delighted to find a weapon and a few silver pieces, and even maybe a shield or a piece of armor. IMHO, those kind of adventures can be more fun that fighting gods or leading armies.

@ Brian: Thanks for the detailed reply. thumbsup I am eagerly awaiting my copy of Myth! It seems like it's going to be my kind of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:

Yeah, I agree, Tony. I used to write adventures for my group where the characters started with almost nothing and were delighted to find a weapon and a few silver pieces, and even maybe a shield or a piece of armor. IMHO, those kind of adventures can be more fun that fighting gods or leading armies.

But not as fun as adventures when the heros must fight gods leading an army with only a few silver pieces and a weapon. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.