Cartoona» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions concerning some of the cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Voss
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Having fun with the game, but wanting to know if I'm understanding some of the cards correctly.

1) Can a player keep the number of tiles and cards he has a secret behind his screen? ... If yes, as far as the cards go, how should the "force discard", "2-for-3 trade", and "hand-for-hand trade" cards be treated? ... These three cards work better if one knows how many cards are in each player's hand. Can one ask?

2) Can I place a foot tile next to a corresponding foot tile without a body connecting everything together?

3) When playing the "feets don't fail me now", do I get to place a "foot" tile as a second tile or only as my one allowed?

4) When playing a "double steal", do the tile and card go into a player's hand or back into play or player's choice? ... Same goes with the "super karma" (it's stolen tile).

5) When a creature is "locked", can anyone add cards onto it? ... When a creature is "unlocked", do the two cards remain on the creature or are they discarded immediately?

6) And finally, I'm still trying to understand the "cheat" card. Is it as simple as trying to pick a tile off a creature and adding it into your hand without being caught? Can anybody catch the attempted thief or only the player who is being stolen from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
m-s-voss wrote:
Having fun with the game, but wanting to know if I'm understanding some of the cards correctly.

1) Can a player keep the number of tiles and cards he has a secret behind his screen? ... If yes, as far as the cards go, how should the "force discard", "2-for-3 trade", and "hand-for-hand trade" cards be treated? ... These three cards work better if one knows how many cards are in each player's hand. Can one ask?

2) Can I place a foot tile next to a corresponding foot tile without a body connecting everything together?

3) When playing the "feets don't fail me now", do I get to place a "foot" tile as a second tile or only as my one allowed?

4) When playing a "double steal", do the tile and card go into a player's hand or back into play or player's choice? ... Same goes with the "super karma" (it's stolen tile).

5) When a creature is "locked", can anyone add cards onto it? ... When a creature is "unlocked", do the two cards remain on the creature or are they discarded immediately?

6) And finally, I'm still trying to understand the "cheat" card. Is it as simple as trying to pick a tile off a creature and adding it into your hand without being caught? Can anybody catch the attempted thief or only the player who is being stolen from?

Hey Scott.

1. The sceen is to hide your tiles behind, not your cards. You cannot keep the number of tiles or cards you have secret.

2. No, the black lines must connect.

3. You may only play one tile with this card.

4. To your hand.

5. No opponent can play any negative cards to a locked creature. When unlocked, discard both the lock and unlock card.

6. You can try to steal from anywhere. In play, an opponents stack, the discard pile. Anywhere. Anyone can catch you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.