Subject: Good article about electric football rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Washington Post magazine this weekend - a story about a top player in competitive electric football

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extremely well written article. US sports writers have a particularly sharp, concise writing style. Like this. That makes every topic serious. Intense.

Anyway, I'm a fan of table sports too, mainly soccer and cricket. Watching a few You Tube videos about electric football gave a great overview - it actually does replicate football well. Very tactical.

I love it when people take a kid's hobby and turn it on its head. Look at yo-yos. $100 yo-yos, world championships, forums, etc. Subbuteo is similar. You can take a kid's game and drop $300 on it. Guys love the competition and the modification too. Otherwise the game doesn't work as well without weights in the bases and polishing your discs. It's half the fun.

Cool article, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.