Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Coon
Germany
Riedlingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play for my third time ever with my friends Greenie and Mrs. Greenie. I didn't want it to take forever for me to dictate everything that happened and there was no way I was going to remember, so I made some notes about how we scored and some other highlights. Here they are.

Greenie - Josiah the hacker - subterran
Mrs. Greenie - Ian the horticulturist - wastelander
Me - Jefferson the shock artist

Greenie started and placed a 6 in cloud mine.
I put a 1 in generator.
Mrs. Puts a 2 on Farm and gets a orange and water (ability).
...And we were off!

Greenie jumps on the board quickly by turning in two cards for a point in the Subterran area.

Mrs. And I built the Lounge of Opulent Frugality (I love the Market names!) - Greenie's punishment was that he could not place a worker on construction sites that were already started.

The secret Wastelander cards were the first flipped, through the tunnel, and Mrs. And I flipped - Kyle the scavenger (her) and Steven the scholar

Greenie got his star on the Lounge before the penalty even hurt him.

Greenie turns in more cards and gets a star in the Icarites area.

Mrs and I built the Registry of Personal Secrets and Greenie could not use 1st and 2nd tier bonuses until he got his star there.

Point update
Mrs. - 2
Me - 2
Greenie - 3

Greenie places a star on the Registry, again not getting hurt by the penalty.

Not wanting to be outdone, Mrs. places a star on the Wastelanders area by turning in 3 cards.

Greenie and I build the Spa of Fleeting Pleasure. Mrs's penalty is that she cannot bump her own workers.

Point Update
Mrs. - 3
Me - 3
Greenie - 4

Greenie and I built the Theater of Revelatory Propaganda. Mrs gains a knowledge for every star she places as her new penalty.

Mrs ends her punishment in the Theater by turning in two identical cards.

Greenie and I complete the construction of The Arena of Peaceful Conflict. Mrs cannot have two people in any commodity area as her penalty.

Mrs. - 4
Me - 5
Greenie - 6

Greenie plays three cards and adds a star to the Euphorians.

Mrs ends her punishment in the Arena and the Spa in one turn (dang those doubles!) and gains two stars quickly, leaving me in third place.

Point Update
Mrs. - 6
Me - 5
Greenie - 7

I built the Laboratory of Selective Genetics by myself, hoping the penalty would hurt the others. Mrs and Greenie cannot add more workers when they have two or three already (dang it, that didn't hurt nearly as much as I wanted).

Greenie places a star in the Lab on his very next turn. He really hates those penalties.

I paid two cards for a star in Euphoria and got the allegiance track to the 4th level giving me another star on my first recruit.

Then, I got excited...my heart started racing and I kept looking to see what the other two had and if they could win first. I thought I had the win with a resource and card for a star in the Lab, combined with the "Turn in a friend" dilemma, but I forgot I didn't have the right card to do that and I only had one. That and I forgot the rule that you can't place a worker on the same turn that you play the dilemma card. That meant another two turns. Dang it...

Point update
Mrs. - 7
Me - 9
Greenie - 8

Did I show my cards to early and lose? Maybe! Greenie is chuckling to himself.

Greenie makes it close by playing a star in the Subterran area (on his second turn), but I got cards and on my next one and turned in a friend to end the game on my second turn.

I won, I won, I won!

As it turns out Greenie should have won but he forgot to put his star on his Euphorian recruit. Oh well, his loss!

Things I learned in this playing of Euphoria.
1. I might get rid of the ethical dilemma card because it just seems to make it 9 point to win. I would like to make this more of a dilemma, but I can't figure out how to yet.
2. There are so many ways to win and so many things you can do, that getting distracted is an easy way to lose.
3. When I want to roll low numbers, I roll high and when I want high numbers, I roll low. One of my recruits gave me a resource and card when I lost a worker and even though I hard four workers, I could not seem to lose one. It only happened once!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.