Subject: Flipping Tiles with Faulty Intel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Davis
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Can you flip the tile any way you like as long as it occupies the same area as it did before the flip?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook does not say how the flipped tile has to be aligned, but I think that the flipped tile should be aligned as the non-flipped counterpart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the rules don't specifically state, theme-wise, it makes sense to keep it in the same orientation as the first side of the board. The idea is that their map intel isn't up to date and some new feature is introduced (e.g. a cave-in or an infestation of clones) versus an entire reorientation of the board.

I think the Overseer has the advantage anyway without needing to mess with board orientation so I tend to interpret the rules in favor of the commandos (I play the Overseer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could potentially break maps if you reoriented tiles when flipped, so no, the only difference between front and back is the visible icon.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Davis
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Guys, I appreciate all the replies, but I think you're going to have to get out a tile and flip it to see what I mean. In Mission 1 the first room the commands encounter is 9A. If it has faulty intel and the tile gets flips front-to-back (or back-to-front) the vent on 9B ends up low and right. If the tile gets flipped left-to-right (or right-to-left) the vent ends up high and left. Does the overseer have his choice, the commandos have their choice, it's random or some fourth option I haven't mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Davis
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Just in case it's not yet clear I am not talking about rotating a tile 90 (or 180) degrees - just flipping it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All that matters is that the layout is the same after the 'flip'.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Schoonover
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the shape of the map stays the same, including where walls are, the tile can be put back how ever the overseer wants.

This allows you a little flexibility when flipping rubble and vent tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadlyEd wrote:
As long as the shape of the map stays the same, including where walls are, the tile can be put back how ever the overseer wants.

This allows you a little flexibility when flipping rubble and vent tiles.

Interesting. Can you put that in the FAQ, I don't think I would have ever come to that conclusion

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.