Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Fwd Torp Doors got damaged in Transit box(Mine Laying Mission), and in next box(Br.Isles) I rolled for repair and then my doors became inoperable ,but my Aft doors are fine;is my laying mission a scrub or is it a success?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that you must deliver all the loaded mines to succeed in the mission. The rules says "Once the mines have been succesfully delivered...", not "once some mines" or "any mines".

And by the way, repairing damaged system occurs immediately, not in the next box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...that's something we've never thought about. Let me defer to Greg on this one as I don't know if there was another way the mines could get deployed if the torpedo doors get damaged. My gut tells me you may be out of luck...but let's wait for Greg's official stance on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sguard wrote:
My Fwd Torp Doors got damaged in Transit box(Mine Laying Mission), and in next box(Br.Isles) I rolled for repair and then my doors became inoperable ,but my Aft doors are fine;is my laying mission a scrub or is it a success?

Yes, I hate to break the news to you but....mission failure. You've got to dump ALL your mines. Basically, this is the only way to fail minelaying (short of getting sunk), is by having either aft or forward doors inop before you can drop the mines off.

I have yet to hear about somebody getting their Abwehr agent killed or SW before being able to drop him off, but I'm sure there's a lucky Kmdt out there who's going to experience it eventually. lol.

Take care,
Greg
Game Designer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He still had the rear torpedo tube available so is it still a failure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's still a failure.

Rule 7.4.4 : Success or failure of a Special Mission patrol assignement rests solely on wether or not the Special Mission was carried out successfully in the Mission (M/A) Travel Box, regardless of wether or not any ships were sunk during the patrol. This is an exception to 7.5.2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Beckman
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to launch *all* the mines for a success, not just the one from the rear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.