1 Posts

Hacker» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
After Twilight Struggle, Calvin got a game out that neither of us had played, and which was indeed still needing to be dissassembled. While he cut the bits out of the cardboard, I read the rules. We played the short game as recommended, I was dealer. The initial network had the three incoming lines right next to each other. Me and Calvin alternated between hacking and upgrading our machines. We soon ran into the housecleaning...if a system had been hacked by both of us it would automatically try to wipe our accounts each turn. Since we had laid it out in a compact manner, this kept happening, especially on the incoming lines, which kept both of us busy repairing our connections. I got police raided twice, the second time when I played a card that said "The system admin forgot to change the root password from factory setting" on a system whose system admin was an experienced ex-hacker. Neither were busts though. We both got secret incoming lines, but Calvin removed mine with a card. In the end Calvin won.

An interesting game, I can see the resemblance to Illuminati, but this seems a lot more elegant-no horrible money piles everywhere and you can't lose by rolling 11,11,12 on turn 1. Could get a bit tedious with more players though.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.