Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyway to discard a secret mission? The rules say clearly that you can discard an action card, but nothing about the secret missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No way to get rid of them. Either accomplish one to get a new one or just ignore them if you feel you won't be able to accomplish them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Too bad though, since it seems like some could be very difficult to achieve, depending on what you have available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The secret missions are there to reward you for doing something you wouldn't normally go for. If you can discard Missions until you get one that lines up with what you're doing anyway, it doesn't add anything to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I understand, and like games that do this. For some reason though, I thought there was at least one I had come across where it seemed like there would be a situation where a player could get to a point where they never could achieve the conditions. Maybe it had to do with heroes, and my thought was that you would be in trouble if your heroes had died already.

I don't have them in front of my, and maybe I'm wrong, but I'll take a look at it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
darkmagi wrote:
No way to get rid of them. Either accomplish one to get a new one or just ignore them if you feel you won't be able to accomplish them.
I guess the one problem I could see with this is if one player has two really hard missions to achieve, and the other player ends up over the course of a game with several relatively easy missions to fulfill, that could end up being a fairly substantial VP handicap to overcome.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Gilis

Marseille
France
msg tools
mb
what's about these house rules:
1)paying 1 rivet to discard 1 mission card
2)paying 1 rivet per victory point you want to score with a successfull mission card
3)earning 1 rivet per victory point you DON'T want to score with a successfull mission card

makes them less powerfull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls