Sean Geraghty
Ireland
Kilkenny
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our 6-player game, we came down to our last turn to beat Undead Uprising. We blew a ton of rolls early on and needed a perfect ending to win. We needed to find the bad guy on top of a location 1-in-10 chance, temp close all but one location, defeat the villain and make him flee to the last open location, Harsk moved there to find the bad guy in a stack of 4, he wasn't there, so we faced a zombie horde (everybody encounters and defeats a zombie minion), he then used his last blessing to explore again and found the villain on a 1-in-3 chance, we temp closed the locations again, and then Harsk rolled 3d8+5 (or something like that) to get exactly 14 (the number to defeat the villain) and did not roll a 1 or 2 to have to start the encounter over again. Perfect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think with 5-6 players, there are so few turns to explore, making the game based if you manage to find the villain fast, to close some locations, or just lose with no hope, from timer deck!

I would tolerate myself to adding some more blessings in the timer deck, with so many players.

It is a pity that a whole session would be judged from lucky explorations and not enough time to fight and adventure!

keep adventuring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manolios wrote:
I think with 5-6 players, there are so few turns to explore, making the game based if you manage to find the villain fast, to close some locations, or just lose with no hope, from timer deck!

I would tolerate myself to adding some more blessings in the timer deck, with so many players.

It is a pity that a whole session would be judged from lucky explorations and not enough time to fight and adventure!

keep adventuring.

There are plenty of turns in a 5-6 player game. You just have to explore aggressively, make sure you succeed at checks to close, and never let the villain defeat you. I'd usually finish with at least 5 turns remaining in my 6 player games, and I only found the holy candle in the last scenario of adventure 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.