Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Hastings
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 6.5 Emergency Withdrawal, is the only rule I'm having a little trouble with, I have a situation in a solo game I'm going through and I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

I've read the rule and I think I understand it but just want to make sure, this rule will allow my Russian units starting in a ZOC to pass through a German ZOC as long as I move two hexes in the direction of the retreat rose and don't end up next to a German unit.

If that is the case then I think my two Russian mech corps on the road to Kiev just got saved from isolation, going to be tough on the Germans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ted raicer
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Actually it is a little more flexible than that-you don't have to move in the direction of your retreat compass, you just can't move in the direction of the enemy's retreat compass.

Ted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hastings
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a lot more flexible than I thought. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pat cristy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I think this question was on another post, maybe at comsim. I recall someone asking if a headquarters prevents an emergency withdrawal and Ted didn't like this tactic. Maybe some rule change?

I have a similar situation with an Air Base. Not sure I concur with HQ since it could have a defense per the rules bad tactic or not. You would think their is a reasonable force with HQ. Air Bases and depots too but not enough to warrant some notional force to prevent EW.

Clarification/opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pat cristy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Oh forgot about this question too. AGN driving north to Talinn changes W-E axis to S-N. I first missed the rules as did Frank in one of my solitaire games then figured out a N or S direction is ok for the Russians.

Maybe fiddly, but an except to retreat W in this section of the map? Might also apply in Crimea etc. I considered allowing this but didn't. Was this considered in play testing. Opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pat cristy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Getting old. I think Ted's reply was related to HQ adjacency on supply determination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an actual rule now regarding changing the retreat axis for that area? NM, I see you are proposing a rule change for the area. I don't think it's needed really, as you can still retreat N/S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.