Hide
7 Posts

Sergeants Miniatures Game: Day of Days» Forums » General

Subject: Clarification on Squad Bundles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamesy Joe
msg tools
Just another quick clarification but on the squad Bundles this time. The LBG SMG store shows the miniatures and cards received with the various packs but the squad bundles for some reason don't list cards included, just soldier miniatures included. Is this correct ? I would think not but before I consider buying them I just want to clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question -- the website doesn't list cards in the advertisement, but I can't believe they aren't included since you need them to play the game. Defer to squad bundle purchasers to confirm that the cards are included as I've built my forces up over the last two years buying the team packages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All troops come with everything you need to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:
All troops come with everything you need to play.
Just to clarify, each soldier comes with its miniature, a counter sheet (with its base, a grenade/spotted marker and a Pinned marker) its soldier card (double sided - full and wounded side) four Soldier Action Cards (marked with the nationality symbol) and at least three Rank Action Cards (note that leaders will have three per rank and that some soldiers and characters may have extra action cards or equipment or story cards) as well as twice as much glue dot required to affix the figure to the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second that you'll get everything needed to play. If you look at the soldier/leader pack that they talk about in the bundle, you see the stuff you get for that soldier.

Don't use the glue dots.

Use some sandpaper to sand the bottom flat from the nubs on the bottom used to paint the minis, then use a drop of superglue on the base to attach the mini. Looks really good, but permanent.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maus wrote:
I'll second that you'll get everything needed to play. If you look at the soldier/leader pack that they talk about in the bundle, you see the stuff you get for that soldier.

Don't use the glue dots.

Use some sandpaper to sand the bottom flat from the nubs on the bottom used to paint the minis, then use a drop of superglue on the base to attach the mini. Looks really good, but permanent.

Todd
Or you can cut the glue dot in half and use one half to attach the figure to the base (and yes, sand off the remaining detritus from painting).

Or you could (after cleaning the detritus from the base, a standard process) use half a glue dot to attach a magnet to the figure and another half a glue dot to attach a magnet to the figure - watching that your polarities are properly lined up - and viola a figure that stands up during play and lays down for storage (or as a casualty). I used some 1mm thick 5mm diameter magnets that I found on Ebay - Terrific!

Or you could go "advanced" and use option 2 above but this time countersign a hole in the base and one in the figure so the magnets are flush - that way there is no "height advantage".

Don't forget to flock the bases, but do NOT use water based adhesive (glue or paint)!!! Well, you can but BE CAREFUL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can use art tac to affix the minis to the bases. It's a putty like material that artists use to mount posters, etc...and it comes off without damaging the bases!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.