Benjamin Y.
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Official Thread

This thread is dedicated to the awesome custom expansion made by Tosx: "The Cauldron", I will keep it updated with the proper link and the status of each card set.

Official site for the Cauldron expansion
http://meromorph.com/tangent/cauldron/

Deprecated Information wrote:

Ready to Print
Click the link, edit the design, and follow each step to the end (directly adding to cart does not work).

Warning 1: Quantity
Please make sure to check how many of each set are in your cart, you only need 1 of each.

Warning 2: Errata
Errata are present because some card have changed due to additional plays by tosx or people on bgg. This is a high-quality creation but not a professional product, so things change and there is no "release date". During the print step, you can change any cards before printing, check individuals file (link above) and feel free to change them.

Yoshi's Print:
First set (234 cards, Feb 1st 2014): Tiamat, Wandering Isle, The Ram, Stranger, Tango One, Vanish, Quicksilver (minus 3 cards)
Second set (102 cards, Feb 1st 2014): Quicksilver (remaining 3 cards), Necro, Knight, tosx's Promo, SotM official hero promo cards (as of 2013)
Third set (102 cards, Feb 1st 2014): Northspar, FSC Continuance Wanderer, Anathema, Doc Havoc, SotM official villain promo cards (as of 2013)
Fourth set (234 cards, Feb 26th 2014): Baccarat, Malichae, Musical Swordsman, Dendron, Blackwood Forest, The Tall Grass, Halberd, Errata Cards, HP Cards, Damage Modifier Cards
Fifth set (234 cards, Jun 3rd 2014):
Lady of the Wood, Starlight, Girlfriend, Gray, St. Simeon's Catacombs, Errata Cards

Divider set (52 large cards):
Cauldron dividers, Yoshi's stuff dividers, The Geisha dividers, all villain team conversion (including Cauldron and Yoshi's villain)
Yoshi's Special Set (180 cards):
All yoshi's stuff (ZMB Virus, F5 Support Deck, The Daimyo), The Geisha, all Vengeance single conversion, all team conversion small cards.
For more information about conversions, go to Yoshi's Scum and Villainy Thread.

Errata:
Compare the set date with the errata to find what might have changed, you can edit cards before printing.
Cauldron Site

Heroes:
Vanish

Stranger

Quicksilver

Knight

Necro

Tango One

Doc Havoc

Baccarat

Malichae

Lady of the Wood

Starlight

Cricket

Environments
Wandering Isle

F.S.C. Continuance Wanderer

Northspar

Blackwood Forest

Halberd Experimental Research Center

St. Simeon's Catacombs

Villains
Ram

Tiamat

Anathema

Dendron

Gray

Vector
Swarm Eater

Celadroch - Development (due in Fall)

Vengeance Team Conversion (by Yoshi)
- Anathema
- Dendron
- Gray
- Tiamat
- The Ram

Extra
Official and Cauldron Custom Promos
The Tall Grass (Parody) - Not balanced

Musical Swordsman (Parody) - Not balanced

Girlfriend (Humor) - Very Perfectly balanced

Promo:

Cauldron Promo's

• [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tosx's SotM "The Cauldron" Expansion Tracking
I just received my Printer Studio shipment of the Ram, Tiamat, The Stranger and The Wandering Isle yesterday, and they are beautiful! Everyone that has seen them has been extremely impressed by the quality of the cards/prints and how dead-on the art style is. Can't wait to get a few more of these!

P.S. Thanks for creating this nice tracking system for them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
What size cards do you need to print on with printerstudio to make sure the cards come out right? And is there any additional editing that needs to be done to the images? I really like the look of a coupld of these decks and would like to try them. Thanks for creating this thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmschex wrote:
What size cards do you need to print on with printerstudio to make sure the cards come out right? And is there any additional editing that needs to be done to the images? I really like the look of a coupld of these decks and would like to try them. Thanks for creating this thread!

The core set cards are the same size as the Blank Poker size cards on Printerstudio found here: (http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/custom-playing-car...) and no, you do not need to do any additional editing. The cards all loaded in perfectly for me and printed just fine, with plenty of room in the design for bleed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
My card just arrived at my place, I am going to have to leave work early for "family" reasons.
I will put some picture later today so people can get an idea of the quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Thank you very much for doing this. I ordered both sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Great idea to have all the decks in a single thread. I ordered the first set a week ago and I can't wait to try Tiamat. She looks awesome!

Also, this expansion has given me the inspiration to try and create a new villainess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Super excited!!! just in time for my big SotM game with my coworkers tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeevs Rawese
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Man I am still floored by the quality of the prints... I got the first few custom decks/promos from printerstudio and they look amazing!

Yoshi- how do the official promos look? When I was looking at those deck builds I saw some warnings about image resolution and was a little worried about the image quality...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
About the promos, the front are perfectly fine, the back are not great but readable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeevs Rawese
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Good enough for me! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should edit the link to Set 1 to include Vanish since she's in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Snertz
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RayLancer wrote:
Should edit the link to Set 1 to include Vanish since she's in there.

Well she was there but then she just seemed to ... oh wait she's back now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper B. Hansen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is Amazing. Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
After being a nervous wreck for two weeks.....
badge
I can finally exhale!! THIS TEAM!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Many, MANY thanks!!! I am so hopeless at those kind of things, I can't even begin to tell you how grateful i am.

If you ever do a similar thing for other SotM custom cards, please let us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kamphaus
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the process of making a chart to figure out the best way to organize each deck into orders with the least amount of excess cards but be thematic for each set. The ones that aren't complete but are still part of your list are figured into it as well.

How would you organize them into sets? It would also be nice to know nemesis relationships for the ones that aren't complete.

I'm trying to do this so when this expansion is complete we could have orders where we don't have any decks split into 2 separate projects like what's happening with Quicksilver right now. The excess could jut be used for promos and such.

My current sets are like this and it seems to have the fewest excess cards and still decent price considering all that's included.
4 heroes, Tiamat, 1 environment (210/216 cards)
4 heroes, 2 villains, 1 environment (233/234 cards)
3 heroes, 1 villain, 3 environments (195/198 cards)

This is assuming the Villains have the normal 27 cards, which is why Tiamat is in the first set because of the extra cards it has. If others have more than the norm, these numbers would change. I'm guessing the 3 heroes that go with Tiamat would be in the same set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm not so dumb I got a thumb But on the phone Apposable But in re-dealing on the daily road Superiority is nothing but A friendly man with monkey hands A friendly mom with monkey pawns
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Benjamin Yamada for setting up this thread.
I received my cards Printer Studio yesterday.
As well, I ordered nine card storage cases that are of nice quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else starting to get the feeling that the Cauldron expansion is becoming an unofficially official expansion to the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:
Anyone else starting to get the feeling that the Cauldron expansion is becoming an unofficially official expansion to the game?

I complimented Matthew a couple weeks back that the timing couldn't have been better considering we're all forced to wait for the delayed release of Vengeance. I keep checking the BGG SotM page daily in anticipation of his new material.

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
Thanks, Benjamin Yamada for setting up this thread.
I received my cards Printer Studio yesterday.
As well, I ordered nine card storage cases that are of nice quality.

Yeah, I invested in the plastic card cases as well and am really glad I did. They fit perfectly into a standard CCG cardboard longbox, too, so it will be easy to keep all the Cauldron material together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
We need art for dividers, for those of us who would like to use one of our current sentinels boxes to hold these cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantaskippy wrote:
We need art for dividers, for those of us who would like to use one of our current sentinels boxes to hold these cards.

Good idea! I have personally been mixing it into my Sentinels boxes with the official stuff. I am using duplicate dividers but would love some divider art to paste over the duplicate cards to make it all look a bit more official and neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Wanted to thank Benjamin for tabulating everything! Super helpful.

Koga wrote:
I'm in the process of making a chart to figure out the best way to organize each deck into orders

Of the listed decks, Tiamat is the only deck with an abnormal count. Hopefully we'll find an excuse to have at least one other villain with an additional character/rules card.
The other nemeses so far:
- Dendron for the Stranger
- Anathema for Tango One
- Vanish has one in development
- If we make it to 8 villains, they will most likely be nemeses for Malichae, Doc Havoc, and either Starlight or Lady of the Wood. Remainder will go without (unless Tiamat's last nemesis gets made).

Phantaskippy wrote:

On the to-do list, just not very high. I'll probably draw new pictures for them.

Also, Doc Havoc's deck should be getting colored tomorrow.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:

Yes, hence the thread

On my side, I have started to really play the new hero and villain, I have played each of one of them at least one, I would like to propose the following complexity and difficulty.

Heroes
Vanish - Complexity 3
Stranger - Complexity 3
Quicksilver - Complexity 2
Knight - Complexity 1
Necro - Complexity 3
Tango One - Complexity 2

Villains
Ram - Difficulty 2
Tiamat - Difficulty 3

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Got my stuff ordered today!

Did a 234 card deck that included the 1st 5 Heros plus Ram villain. Filled in the 2 extra card slots with Young Legacy promos.

Also did a 126 card deck that included the last hero (Vanish), all 3 environments, Tiamat, 4 custom promos and then filled the last 5 card slots with 5 more young legacy promos.

Figured Young Legacy promo is the oldest and Im guessing the hardest to actually get/find so I just got that one printed in multiples to trade.

Look forward to trying everything out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [81] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.