Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working through the tutorial right now. I haven't been able to find an answer to the following.

For the the Ambush or Evade reactions, must the Family that takes the reaction be the one in that Area?

Say a Raid Counter is placed in an Area with Family A, ferocity 0. Can Family B, Ferocity 3 (somewhere else across the map) step in to make the Ambush? And if so, where would that Battle take place (Family A's Area or Family B's area)?

The rules simply state "Choose a Family to be the Ambushing Family" and "Select which Family will be the Evading Family." Only for the Negotiate reaction do the rules specifically say that the Family must be in the same Area as the newly placed Raid counter.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Holle
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Player aid specifies family in same area as raid counter for Ambush, Negotiate and Evade. Only Harass can be conducted family not in same area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Ben is right,

If you look on the bottom of the Enemy raid Flowchart it spells out the details of the player reactions.

Hang in there with this because its an incredible game once these initial speed bumps get ironed out.

Sincerely,

Bryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
ACK ACK wrote:
I'm working through the tutorial right now. I haven't been able to find an answer to the following.

For the the Ambush or Evade reactions, must the Family that takes the reaction be the one in that Area?

Yes.

Quote:
Say a Raid Counter is placed in an Area with Family A, ferocity 0. Can Family B, Ferocity 3 (somewhere else across the map) step in to make the Ambush? And if so, where would that Battle take place (Family A's Area or Family B's area)?

No. Only a Family in the same Area can Ambush.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.