Popular Tags: [View All]
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently acquired a 2nd hand Descent collection with LotW, LoR and Trollfens expansions. As much of the content seems to be modular, I was wondering what parts of the expansions could be added to our first campaign right away without too much rules overload. For instance, the rumor cards look a little complicated for a first foray into the game, but the new market cards and the secret rooms seem quite straightforward and fun. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say rumours have less rules overhead than secret rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Add all of the new Shop Item stuff and monsters, for sure. Rumors and Secret Rooms don't add a whole lot of extra rules, but I'd almost recommend keeping the first campaign vanilla in those regards. Not a huge deal if you include them, but both do add a bit more in terms of rules. I'd agree with Chris; Rumors are easier to add in than Secret Rooms for new groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More monsters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Add all of the new Shop Item stuff and monsters, for sure. Rumors and Secret Rooms don't add a whole lot of extra rules, but I'd almost recommend keeping the first campaign vanilla in those regards. Not a huge deal if you include them, but both do add a bit more in terms of rules. I'd agree with Chris; Rumors are easier to add in than Secret Rooms for new groups.

Completely agree with this but I would presonally avoid adding both rumours and secret rooms first time.

I would essentially just include the "more of the same" items for the first campaign (heroes, monsters, itmes etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The above post have pretty much stated everything I'd say.

All in all though, adding the extra stuff only requires the overlord to know a few extra things to implement it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's heroes, monsters & shop cards, ok. If I add new heroes and monsters, that means also new condition cards, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:

Completely agree with this but I would presonally avoid adding both rumours and secret rooms first time.

I would essentially just include the "more of the same" items for the first campaign (heroes, monsters, itmes etc)

Right, that's what I meant by "keeping it vanilla." Don't add in Rumors and Secret Rooms for the first campaign. It isn't a HUGE deal if you do, but I'd still recommend against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
So it's heroes, monsters & shop cards, ok. If I add new heroes and monsters, that means also new condition cards, right?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:

Conditions do not really add any rules overhead, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was going to ask this exact question. I've got all the expansions but haven't played yet. I will not include the rumors or secret room cards in the first campaign but I'll throw everything else in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.